Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: New PX4 Safety Levers

What size punch did people use to drift out the roll pin in the decocking lever? I ended up snipping the end off of a small nail and using that as a makeshift punch.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I'd speculate to reduce glare. My Mk25-D can get a little bright in direct sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Strikes me as a “poor man’s full top serrations” solution for one handed manipulations.
    These were my top two guesses.

punch

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    What size punch did people use to drift out the roll pin in the decocking lever? I ended up snipping the end off of a small nail and using that as a makeshift punch.
    1/16th"

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    1/16th"
    I thought I tried a 1/16 and it was too big.

I ground a 1/16” punch down a bit, and it was perfect.

1/16

Whereas the size, 1/16th, is correct that does not guarantee the quality of the punch will deliver that.

If the punch quality is not up to snuff it is possible that it might need a little home lathe work.

I got quite a few of those punches from Brownells and they all worked well.

When I needed something a little smaller for the hammer strut pin, I put the handle of the punch deep into a hand drill and spun it against a needle file for a little while. Ṿilà, one resized punch.

I have heard recently of others that have experienced these punches being a little bit too big.

This matches my experience. I needed a 1/32 punch to complete the removal.

Here are some side shots. I was curious to see if it would help manipulate the slide any but I really didn’t notice a difference and I went with black to try and break up all that fde.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Sent from a mobile device; please excuse any typographical errors.

Beretta PX4 CARRY Decocker G Safety Levers Assembly

The "PX4 Carry Lever (Decocking Lever)" is awesome (pictured with the excellent Dara MTO Minimalist AIWB Holster). Given my body shape, method of carry and matter of dress, etc. I am fine concealing my PX4 Storm Compact with the full-size ambi slide stop (and hammer for that matter), but these carry levers I bought from LTT last year were a godsend. The bat wings were not cutting it, but these are very comfortable, easy to actuate and low profile enough IMO. They in no way print for me. Ever.

Name:  IMG_1904.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  44.8 KB
    Last edited by sheepdog; 05-17-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

User Tag List