Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: New PX4 Safety Levers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    I did the decocker conversion on mine this AM, and a combination of ham-fistedness and cheap punches led to a buggered up roll pin. A new one on hand would have really helped.
    I’m thinking I may need some better punches as well. And maybe a few extra roll pins...

Good punches did the trick. Very easy to swap out with the right tools.

I think one should have spare punches as well. I have a few that I have used after they have become bent, and have run into problems with them (happens mostly at the smaller end of the scale).

Also, several months ago, I picked up a keepers holster, here, in the classifieds. I had made Ambi slide stops before EL started offering black (and I think they are narrower), and had them refinished with some other stuff. With the 92 levers on the gun,, that holster was a no go. With the new levers and the ambl slide stops, it fits like a dream (I'd say a glove, but OJ).

Now, I want a range day to try them.

Installed...

Name:  20181029_191200.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  41.6 KB
    Nice fit and feel. Seem more natural to use.

Name:  20181029_191401.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  16.9 KB

Even seems to be a better match for the slide release. I like it

Name:  F40593ED-661C-443D-BB65-5BEB1A77F10C.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  22.0 KB

Home run! Night and day difference. Keep it up LTT! This is what the PX4 should have had day one.

Finally got mine installed. Like others have said, night and day difference.

Smile

Completed install back in November just never got around to posting up a couple pics. Install took about an hour and mostly because I went with some cheap punches from Home Depot. Looks good, feels good and works great. Can’t say enough about the design.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Sent from a mobile device; please excuse any typographical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by FDE_PX4_CC View Post
    Completed install back in November just never got around to posting up a couple pics. Install took about an hour and mostly because I went with some cheap punches from Home Depot. Looks good, feels good and works great. Can’t say enough about the design.
    What’s the purpose of the grip tape on the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I'd speculate to reduce glare. My Mk25-D can get a little bright in direct sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Strikes me as a “poor man’s full top serrations” solution for one handed manipulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List