Thread: Stroudsburg (PA) High Rifle Team endeavors to persevere

Stroudsburg (PA) High Rifle Team endeavors to persevere

This morning I see a tweet from the Allentown newspaper that infers that the shooting team from the local HS rejected money from the NRA and there was a picture of the school with a "No NRA" and a rifle superimposed. Having heard tales of the struggle that the coach and students have been making for years to keep the team going, this made no sense. So, I click on the actual story and the truth starts to reveal itself. It was not the coach or the team, who had applied for the grant, but rather the school board that did the rejecting.

Stroudsburg High Rifle Team flush with cash after NRA grant rejection spurs competing fundraisers (Morning Call, Allentown, PA)

This high school rejected NRA ‘blood money’ for its rifle team. Locals donated instead. (Washington Post)

NRA Grant Denied for Sburg Rifle Team (Pocono Record, Stroudsburg, PA)

Edited to ad headlines with vastly different spins on the story

Adding link to Gofund me page. Mods please delete if this is no bueno.

Rifle Team of Stroudsburg gofundme
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 03-29-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

The Washington Post ran a similar headline today: "This high school rejected NRA ‘blood money’ for rifle team. Locals donated instead."
    It was not the HS. It was not the rifle team. It was the School Board. And only ONE Board Member called it "blood money."
    Lies and Propaganda are the standard for the WaPo these days.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    This morning I see a tweet from the Allentown newspaper that infers that the shooting team from the local HS rejected money from the NRA and there was a picture of the school with a "No NRA" and a rifle superimposed. Having heard tales of the struggle that the coach and students have been making for years to keep the team going, this made no sense. So, I click on the actual story and the truth starts to reveal itself. It was not the coach or the team, who had applied for the grant, but rather the school board that did the rejecting.

Stroudsburg High Rifle Team flush with cash after NRA grant rejection spurs competing fundraisers

This high school rejected NRA ‘blood money’ for its rifle team. Locals donated instead.

NRA Grant Denied for Sburg Rifle Team

Edited to ad headlines with vastly different spins on the story

Adding link to Gofund me page. Mods please delete if this is no bueno.

Rifle Team of Stroudsburg gofundme
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

@butler coach runs the team at my old highschool and was working on fundraising recently. Curious how that went. Butler is a little better of an area but there are outliers.
    Last edited by orionz06; 03-29-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    The Washington Post ran a similar headline today: "This high school rejected NRA ‘blood money’ for rifle team. Locals donated instead."
    It was not the HS. It was not the rifle team. It was the School Board. And only ONE Board Member called it "blood money."
    Lies and Propaganda are the standard for the WaPo these days.
    Typical for Pravda on the Potomac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    @butler coach runs the team at my old highschool and was working on fundraising recently. Curious how that went. Butler is a little better of an area but there are outliers.
    Well we are in a holding pattern waiting for a why to accept online donations.
    Ye did receive a check for 1000.00. So only 150k left to renovation goal.
    We do receive the Nra grant every year and could not operate without it.
    Not going to hijack this thread but when we can accept online donations I will creat a post if anyone wants to donate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by butler coach View Post
    Not going to hijack this thread but when we can accept online donations I will creat a post if anyone wants to donate

Hijack away. If the mods want to edit out the "Stroudsburg" from the thread's title and make it a generic high school shooting team survival thread, I don't think it would hurt anything. The kids on the shooting team aren't snowflakes and if anyone else gets triggered or offended, bonus.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Hijack away. If the mods want to edit out the "Stroudsburg" from the thread's title and make it a generic high school shooting team survival thread, I don't think it would hurt anything. The kids on the shooting team aren't snowflakes and if anyone else gets triggered or offended, bonus.

“Dear Sir or Madam:

The Butler High School Rifle Team, located in Butler, Pennsylvania, is preparing for our range renovation fundraiser. This fundraiser event is very important to us. It will provide us the means to renovate the trap system as well as provide opportunities to students.
    The team has been a varsity sport at the district since 1960. The team is comprised of more than 40 kids, both male and female, and is open to students in grades 9 through 12. I have been the coach for 14 years and thoroughly enjoy my time with each of the students.
    All donors will be featured on a plaque displayed in the rifle range. All donations are tax-deductible.
    To make a donation, please enclose a check made payable to: Butler Golden Tornado Scholastic Foundation and indicate in the memo that the donation is specific to the Rifle Range Renovation. Send all donations to the address listed below attention: Eric Beveridge.
    On behalf of the Butler High School Rifle Team, we thank you for your thoughtful and generous consideration. Please know your donation(s) will help improve and increase the opportunities available to our children.
    If you have any questions, please call me at (724) 290-0317 Email: eric_beveridge@butler.k12.pa.us.
    Sincerely,
    Eric Beveridge
    Butler Area School District
    120 Campus Lane
    Butler, PA 16001

This is our current letter. Hopefully will be able to add online donations but not sure yet.
    I want to show admin that team can get a renovation done without them.

“Dear Sir or Madam:

The Butler High School Rifle Team, located in Butler, Pennsylvania, is preparing for our range renovation fundraiser. This fundraiser event is very important to us. It will provide us the means to renovate the trap system as well as provide opportunities to students.
    The team has been a varsity sport at the district since 1960. The team is comprised of more than 40 kids, both male and female, and is open to students in grades 9 through 12. I have been the coach for 14 years and thoroughly enjoy my time with each of the students.
    All donors will be featured on a plaque displayed in the rifle range. All donations are tax-deductible.
    To make a donation, please enclose a check made payable to: Butler Golden Tornado Scholastic Foundation and indicate in the memo that the donation is specific to the Rifle Range Renovation. Send all donations to the address listed below attention: Eric Beveridge.
    On behalf of the Butler High School Rifle Team, we thank you for your thoughtful and generous consideration. Please know your donation(s) will help improve and increase the opportunities available to our children.
    If you have any questions, please call me at (724) 290-0317 Email: eric_beveridge@butler.k12.pa.us.
    Sincerely,
    Eric Beveridge
    Butler Area School District
    120 Campus Lane
    Butler, PA 16001

This is our current letter. Hopefully will be able to add online donations but not sure yet.
    I want to show admin that team can get a renovation done without them.

The boosters now set up a PayPal if anyone would like to donate to us the email address is
    Butlerrifleteam@hotmail.com

That’s fine, create a thread if you like.
    #RESIST

User Tag List