Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FN FNX-9 Thoughts?

FN FNX-9 Thoughts?

So a used Black FNX-9 popped up for sale locally for $390 with one mag. I've handled these before and like the way they feel. I would use this as a AIWB carry gun, but info on these is sooo limited. I was wondering if anyone had any good details on quality and long term reliability?

Is this a good price or a "meh" price? I don't see many used around my area so it's hard to accurately pinpoint price ranges.

I pondered those myself when I was looking to fill the AIWB role.

Couldn't find one to play with. I'd bet it's a good pistol, it just surfaced when the world went striker crazy.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I pondered those myself when I was looking to fill the AIWB role.

Couldn't find one to play with. I'd bet it's a good pistol, it just surfaced when the world went striker crazy.
    FN’s prior handguns have been problematic. Uncommon guns are usually uncommon for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    FN’s prior handguns have been problematic. Uncommon guns are usually uncommon for a reason.
    What way were they problematic?

Site Supporter
    I believe it was this thread that made me think twice.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2593-FNX-9

This dude's FNH died and they wanted to charge him close to $400 to fix it because he didn't send the gun back to the mothership every 2k rounds for a check up.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=24700

When I looked at these I liked the ergos and the amount of grip texture. On the down side, they just felt cheaper, with more rattles, than other makes. I was really surprised at how thin their barrels were compared to other guns. There's just less steel there. It may not matter in terms of integrity, but it screamed "cost savings" to me. YMMV.

Never mind the blue...
    Name:  FNX.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  59.5 KB

Comparison
    Name:  px4compactcarry_zoom002.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  23.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    This dude's FNH died and they wanted to charge him close to $400 to fix it because he didn't send the gun back to the mothership every 2k rounds for a check up.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=24700
    If FN requires you to ship the gun back to them every 2000 rounds that is a deal killer. WTF are they thinking?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I would not buy an FN handgun.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    So a used Black FNX-9 popped up for sale locally for $390 with one mag.
    That's about the cost of a new PX4C (with two mags) on Gunbroker right now. You can also find CZ P-07s for close to that. In my opinion these are the two leading hammer-fired polymer pistols. I'd pick either of them over the FN.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

EDIT:I just realized I completely forgot about HK. I think they make good hammer-fired pistols too.
    Last edited by pangloss; 03-29-2018 at 09:22 AM.

User Tag List