Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Arthur NM in the news

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'm kinda surprised Steven Segal isn't on that list...
    It’s not exactly a secret he was a reserve in Louisiana -

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1329291/

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'm kinda surprised Steven Segal isn't on that list...
    He was a reserve Deputy Chief with a Louisiana Sheriff's office for quite a while. They even did a TV show about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I skimmed through the list and only grabbed the names that stuck out to me. But yeah, him too.
    No worries, and I apologize if I implied that the omission was intentional. That was not my intention.

Of note, they misspelled his last name throughout the article and on the list. However, I pretty confident that it’s the same Rob O’Neill since they mention that he put the bullet through OBL’s head.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

That’s an eye-opening list that hits pretty damn close to home. All I’m going to say.

Well, that, and I believe Dagga when he implies that some of the smarter buy-ins were able to get left of bang on the shitshow, and are therefore missing from that list. Good on them, I suppose.

CWM11B
    This says a lot (to me, at least). Full page add in one of this month's gun rags.

Name:  0429181324.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  24.5 KB

As if I didn't have enough reasons to avoid craphawk...
    Last edited by CWM11B; 04-29-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the situation according to the linked articles is as follows:

1) Some time ago, the Lake Arthur Town Council voted to allow the municipality’s police chief to create a reserve police force of volunteers who would have limited law enforcement powers within the local community.

2) Instead of creating a reserve force (or in addition to), the chief allegedly sold full police credentials to celebrities and friends in return for what is arguably a $400 yearly bribe. Moreover, most of these people lived out of state and none completed the necessary training to be police officers in NM.

3) Nobody can yet account for the funds paid by the friends of the chief.

4) This has been known for several weeks.

Do I have that about right?

If so, this number should be ringing off the hook (505) 889-1580....
    Last edited by Sensei; 04-29-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    This says a lot (to me, at least). Full page add in one of this month's gun rags.

That's classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

This is a stain on my profession. This is people pissing on a profession I love, and they cheapen it to something you can buy and not earn. When a high profile member of the firearms world got in his only CONUS shooting by shooting a relative while intoxicated with a negligent discharge, did the newspaper and media headlines say “former elite Army special operations soldier shoots relative while drunk”, or “police officer shoots relative while
    You know, I don't always agree with you, but I can't like this enough. This is exactly how I feel, and it pisses me off that other guys in the training industry are telling me "Well, there's a lot of good guys on that list, so..." like it's ok, because so and so is a stand up former ninjateam6 guy.
    Too many people are taking the attitude that it's ok, because some of them were just some really good dudes doing what they had to do to get LEOSA. Screw every last one of them. Become a real auxiliary/reserve and put your damned time in if you want a badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If it was as easy as just paying $400 and showing up in Lake Arthur once or twice a year, I'd know a LOT more people on the (seemingly incomplete) roster KRQE posted.
    There were. Also.....how about their rank structure and how was that done...I actually don’t think the journalists have scratched the surface.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post

Whomever did that is a goddamn idiot.
    #RESIST

User Tag List