Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Arthur NM in the news

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Last year there was a bit of a blow-up involving one of the guys from the P&S crowd. As I recall, part of the internet's blow-up involved that gentleman's LEOSA creds stemming from Lake Arthur.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Last year there was a bit of a blow-up involving one of the guys from the P&S crowd. As I recall, part of the internet's blow-up involved that gentleman's LEOSA creds stemming from Lake Arthur.
    Said individual fall into the "Several are among the most elite soldiers on Earth" category rather than the wealthy dilettante crowd.

On another note, Mercer has the money and political connections to get a carry permit in both Suffolk County NY and NYC, but that's still not as handy as LEOSA.

Well, one thing about Trump, the media have remembered that their role in life is not to be lickspittle lackeys for the president.

Too bad we have no reason to believe they won't fall back into that mode when one of the right people occupies the Oval Office.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Ugh. I didn't even look at the link and didn't realize it was Bloomberg until I was already on the page. I feel dirty for even having visited the place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Ugh. I didn't even look at the link and didn't realize it was Bloomberg until I was already on the page. I feel dirty for even having visited the place.
    Mercer seems like he is the "Anti Bloomberg" - a wealthy NY business man who believes in guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Said individual fall into the "Several are among the most elite soldiers on Earth" category rather than the wealthy dilettante crowd.

On another note, Mercer has the money and political connections to get a carry permit in both Suffolk County NY and NYC, but that's still not as handy as LEOSA.
    Does not matter. It’s pure unadulterated crap. No Backgroynd, psych, poly, Real Academy and an FTO program.....you ain’t a cop in my world. This is simply selling something many of us paid dearly for. How about all those folks who did a reserve program right and don’t have this status. I have likely spent more time training with top tier military folks on ranges and facilities your average grunt will never see....so do I get to claim military status for hanging around with the right people? Not a chance, because without an oath and boot camp....you ain’t in that club. Mine works the same way.

I wonder if those elite military folks would feel the same way if a rich dude or some connected guy spends a few hours “training” and a couple days a year hanging out and then get to wear a SEAL Trident or a Green Beret would be okay with that?
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 03-28-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

^^^Couldn't have said it better, DB. It's a purchased commodity whatever their accomplishments may be in other realms, endeavors or fields of honor.
    Last edited by blues; 03-28-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So, does he actually qualify for LEOSA?

Hopefully this attention won't create issues for all the solid folks who actually put their time in.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    So, does he actually qualify for LEOSA?
    Yes, 100%.

LEOSA does not discriminate based on employment status (full time, part time, volunteer reserve, etc).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List