Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Lake Arthur NM in the news

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Did they ever give you fed guys a hard time?
    Not me personally, but I can remember fist fights that broke out on the road between NJ State Troopers and feds back in the day. They behaved like a law unto themselves. I haven't heard anything to indicate that the situation has changed. (Of course individual officers will vary in any agency.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not me personally, but I can remember fist fights that broke out on the road between NJ State Troopers and feds back in the day. They behaved like a law unto themselves. I haven't heard anything to indicate that the situation has changed. (Of course individual officers will vary in any agency.)
    I was once told by a NJ LEO to just stay out of NJ with firearms, period. Fortunately, I have less than zero desire to ever visit the Garden State.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The elephant in the room is whether or not there's Class 3 on department letterhead floating around.

I'd say another elephant in the room is how many P-F members are on the Lake Arthur list?

Quote Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
    I'd say another elephant in the room is how many P-F members are on the Lake Arthur list?
    There was one (not an active member, however) that used to be a reserve there and is missing on this current list.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

And we won’t speculate on that publicly.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I also wonder if $400 will get me a SEAL Trident from Luttrell or O’Neil, a BJJ Black Belt from the Gracie’s?
    As a white belt I resent that remark!

Throw it wherever I can. Have lost 42-ish lbs. I did the Blue belt curriculum tonight and... it was depressing.

God Bless,

Brandon

All joking aside obviously this is bad and looks bad for all parties involved. I respect LE and the sacrifices that they’ve made. LEOSA shouldn’t be necessary for concealed carrying in all states but it is. We need to change the laws, not find ways around them.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    As a white belt I resent that remark!

Throw it wherever I can. Have lost 42-ish lbs. I did the Blue belt curriculum tonight and... it was depressing.

God Bless,

Brandon

All joking aside obviously this is bad and looks bad for all parties involved. I respect LE and the sacrifices that they’ve made. LEOSA shouldn’t be necessary for concealed carrying in all states but it is. We need to change the laws, not find ways around them.
    I'm all for finding ways around laws, but finding ways around laws implies something that is universally available.

Paying a police chief 400 dollars under the table, yearly, isn't finding a way around the law. It's just graft.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    I'm all for finding ways around laws, but finding ways around laws implies something that is universally available.

Paying a police chief 400 dollars under the table, yearly, isn't finding a way around the law. It's just graft.
    We don't actually know (yet) where the money went.

Albuquerque attorney and former Bernalillo County Commissioner Simon Kubiak runs the Lake Arthur Reserve Police Officer’s Association. Although Kubiak has no police training he is listed in Lake Arthur's records as a Lieutenant. Kubiak's private association collects the $400 in annual dues from each of the posse members. However, the Albuquerque attorney refused to release an accounting of the funds and would not agree to be interviewed about the money.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We don't actually know (yet) where the money went.
    My advice to the former county commissioner -

Name:  CFE8986D-A9FB-45C5-8486-5BA4A6A3F165.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  53.5 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

There's at least one.

User Tag List