Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR OC guy gets tasered

Site Supporter

AR OC guy gets tasered

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...d-lawsuit.html

That's close to where I used to work. Residential and small business street. I am not a fan of OC of long arms in today's world.

Site Supporter
    The guy that got tasered has a long history of "advocating" for OC. I'll skip the commentary.

The local PD has a reputation, it is alleged, for negative interactions with open carriers.

Will be interesting to see what really happened here when all of the videos and detail is known.

Not sure this adds anything but FWIW.. http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=91992
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

AR OC guy gets tasered

I don’t have any details to add and like the rest of you don’t know the full story, but I’d like to add a thought. As the son of lifetime police officer, I try to always assume the officer was in the right until proven otherwise. That’s not to say there aren’t bad cops out there, but don’t forget just how tough their job is and all they do for us. Couple that with some of the knuckle heads out there “advocating” for OC and I can understand them being a little on edge and prone to take care of the problem and sort it out after. Of course that is no excuse for them to break the law, and if they intentionally and without cause did break the law, they should be held accountable. But I am inclined to go easy on them, especially after some of the nonsense of seen from these guys on YouTube. Easy solution to the whole thing, don’t paint a target on your back. It really makes me angry to see the way some of the people “advocating” for OC interact with police officers. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by leathermaneod; 03-28-2018 at 11:17 AM.

If the "activist" is walking down the street with a a rifle, and several little old ladies drive by and call 911... what are the cops supposed to do? Ignore the calls? Wait for it to be a shots fired call?

There should be context with the open carry. Walking in and out of the local sporing good store or range? That's not out of place. Walking around the downtown convention center when there is a gunshow that weekend? That's not out of place, and is expected. Walking down main-street at 10 am on a Thursday no where near a range/event/sporting goods store? It is perfectly LEGAL, but still could cause police to come conduct an investigative stop, because it probably will generate 911 calls.

The cops are put in an impossible position. If they ignore it, eventually someone WILL turnout to be a shooter, and the cops get sued for ignoring the 911 calls. If they respond and try and talk to these guys, and it turns into the shit show this video was, they get sued. Either way, it puts the cops into a shit situation simply for the sake of putting them into a shit situation.

These activist are no about promoting the second amendment, they love the attention and love the martyr title. Stop "helping".
    I love the second amendment and I want OC of rifles to STAY legal so we can transport our rifles around as needed. This shit just draws negative attention.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Context is a good way to put it. Walking around with a penis hat is completely legal, but do it in an elementary school and you're gonna get dragged out by the SRO.

99.8% chance that the OC retard earned the zap.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I have to wonder how much difficulty we have at the moment wrt the 2nd Amendment is in part a pent up reaction to these tools.

Also, outside of specific use cases, I don't recall open carry being a thing in America of the 1700s-early-1900s. It seems people were more discrete even when guns were not a political issue. Why do we need to "desensitize" folks to non-contextual open carry now? If anything, discretion is even more important.

Chris

It's a poor adaption of being "loud and proud" and attention whoring.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Grisham is a kook with a history of run in with LE and his organization (OCT) gives gun owners a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Grisham is a kook with a history of run in with LE and his organization (OCT) gives gun owners a bad name.
    Was that CJ again? Well, that explains a lot... know douche weasel to say the least. The Tase most surely asked for before it was delivered.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    I don’t have any details to add and like the rest of you don’t know the full story, but I’d like to add a thought. As the son of lifetime police officer, I try to always assume the officer was in the right until proven otherwise. That’s not to say there aren’t bad cops out there, but don’t forget just how tough their job is and all they do for us. Couple that with some of the knuckle heads out there “advocating” for OC and I can understand them being a little on edge and prone to take care of the problem and sort it out after. Of course that is no excuse for them to break the law, and if they intentionally and without cause did break the law, they should be held accountable. But I am inclined to go easy on them, especially after some of the nonsense of seen from these guys on YouTube. Easy solution to the whole thing, don’t paint a target on your back. It really makes me angry to see the way some of the people “advocating” for OC interact with police officers. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I can certainly understand your perspective, and respect it, sadly after working on the job until my hair went (mostly) grey, I must disagree. I have seen far too many total dipsticks in the line of work and seen some incredibly stupid things done to automatically give the benefit of the doubt to the Boys in Blue.

The flip side of that is that whenever I see one of these "Open Carry" advocates (troublemakers), I pretty much automatically presume he is looking for an opportunity to create a scene, antagonize the cops, cause problems, etc. Basically they go out looking for trouble that they can film (and quite often get a paycheck). Very, very rarely has that not been the case.

If I was a uniformed cop today and I had an OC call, I would immediately assume it was a setup and that the person doing it was going to try to bait me into a confrontation so they could get paid.

User Tag List