Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media spotlight on one of our cadets/ thoughts?

Media spotlight on one of our cadets/ thoughts?

http://whnt.com/2018/03/27/tonight-a...olice-academy/

Thoughts on this? Would this guy get a slot where you work?

To say it's caused a few eyebrows to be raised is putting it mildly.

Regards.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Uhhhhh....no. While I firmly believe in redemption, that doesn't mean a free pass from the laws of man. DUI causing death....reckless driving to that extent, AND illegal drugs (at least then and in that place)? Perhaps being a paramedic would be a better role for him. It would allow him to serve his community honorably, without being responsible for enforcing the laws he so callously disregarded in the past.

Killed people, did drugs, only did a mere single year in regular jail......... wow, good luck kid.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Is your department that desperate for manpower or does the guy know people in high places? There had to be guys who applied with the same qualifications but without the baggage. With that background, he wouldn't even be eligible to submit the initial basic application at my agency.

Nope, no way.

I don't know what everyone's upset about - it's not like the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    "Thats a no from me Dawg....."

Totality of circumstances, anyone? Anyone?

civiliandefender.com

Would not make it past the interview... nope... no way.
    We get 200 applicants for every open position, so there are plenty of good candidates without having to deal with that liability.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

As a civilian who really doesn't know how these things go, would his prior actions hurt his case if a lawsuit was brought against him/agency/city/county during the course of police work?

User Tag List