Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reloading for Accuracy (9mm)

I have some 126 cast SWCs from Dardas I am going to try for accuracy. I shot 1000 124 RN cast but they were no more accurate than 124 plated bullets. I mainly shoot IDPA style stuff so the ammo doesn't have to be very accurate but I would like to stay under 2" at 25 yards just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I have some 126 cast SWCs from Dardas I am going to try for accuracy.
    Please report back. I bought some but they keyholed in my M&P, do not remember if it was the one I had put the Apex barrel in or not. I only got 100 to try and my buddy shot them up for me in his 1911 and they seemed fine. Now that I have a couple of 9mm 1911s I am curious...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Please report back. I bought some but they keyholed in my M&P, do not remember if it was the one I had put the Apex barrel in or not. I only got 100 to try and my buddy shot them up for me in his 1911 and they seemed fine. Now that I have a couple of 9mm 1911s I am curious...
    I've shot a few in a Citadel 1911, Unique powder, they shot Okay but not bullseye accuracy. I have a new Dan Wesson Commander, I hope for better results from the DW. I didn't get any keyholes with them.

I've used the 126 cast SWCs from Dardas with good results. However, I've replaced them with this bullet: http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullet...j-bullets.html

This 124 grain fmj over 5.9 grains of BE-86 is the most accurate load I've yet tried in a 9mm.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I like 6.5 of power pistol with a 115gr bullet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    As far as loading for maximum accuracy in 9mm goes, I recall reading an article a while back that indicated that in order to squeeze the best possible accuracy out of the cartridge, it can actually be beneficial to sort cases by headstamp and trim them all to the same length. Most people (including me) will tell you that's generally not necessary with pistol cartridges, but there are apparently measurable gains to be had in terms of consistency and group size if you're willing to be super anal/meticulous.
    This shouldnt be a problem. Ive been saving my 9mm brass for the past 1.5 yrs. I have two 5-gallon buckets full; all of the same brand. I think theres 10-15k of brass in each bucket. That should keep me busy for awhile

Information overload... Thanks though I do appreciate all the responses and am taking notes of everything.

I picked up a new workbench from home depot yesterday and my new dillon press is in transit and should be here by tuesday. Im gonna hit a few local shops this weekend and see what they have in stock and go from there. If they dont have some of the recommended items, I'll order them online

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I've shot a few in a Citadel 1911, Unique powder, they shot Okay but not bullseye accuracy.
    Thanks for that, I don't know why that bullet intrigues me, it just does. But if it is not doing anything special for you I will move it farther down on the lists of pending experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've used the 126 cast SWCs from Dardas with good results. However, I've replaced them with this bullet: http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullet...j-bullets.html
    This 124 grain fmj over 5.9 grains of BE-86 is the most accurate load I've yet tried in a 9mm.
    I also switched over to the Everglades jacketed, though I have been using the 115g. Have not really done any testing but they seem great. After getting the 9mm AR I didn't like CLB for it, and I didn't like loading two loads.

Almost finished with a batch of 8k with the 115g over 4.5 of Tightgroup so I should be set for a while. Or at least a little while...

Site Supporter
    I’m having great luck with minimum and maximum loads of Prima V under a 135 grain bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some loads that have shot well for me:

115 grain jacketed bullets with 6.0 Power Pistol, 6.1 WSF, 4.5 Bullseye. I have used Hornady HAP, Montana Gold and Nosler JHPs.
    147 grain jacketed bullets with 4.0 WSF, 4.9 or 5.1 AA#5, 4.5 Power Pistol. Hornady FMJ RN and Montana Gold CMJ.
    147 grain polymer coated bullets with 3.3 N320.

I use Winchester SP primers. The 6.1 WSF load is likely a +P load.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List