Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Professional Instructor Says I'm Gripping Too Hard With My Right Hand.

Here's another option for @Cypher:

https://gunfighteru.com/

For a very reasonable price John will watch your video and help you sort out problems.
    Last edited by Hambo; 03-29-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    So clearly posting this here was a mistake. I appreciate those of you who sought to give me honest constructive criticism but I am done with this thread and will not be responding further have a good day
    I will add that El Presidente is a really terrible drill to be able to specifically determine that your grip is causing an problem that manifests on the target. You have what sounds like movement into position, fast paced transitions, and then a reload with more fast paced transitions. There are a lot of factors there that can cause shots to consistently hit left that have nothing to do with your grip or trigger press mechanics. I honestly don’t know how an instructor can throw that one simple criticism out on a complex drill like that and really believe that he’s giving you an accurate diagnosis.

Edited to add: Btw, over squeezing with your strong hand doesn’t cause shots to go left. If you are really causing the shots to go left with your technique, than you are doing any or all of the following: 1. Not pressing the trigger straight back, 2. Breaking your wrists before you finish pressing the trigger, and 3. Not gripping hard enough with your support hand (which is more of a bandaid to hide imperfections in your technique with 1 and 2).
    Last edited by Gio; 03-31-2018 at 12:04 AM.

User Tag List