Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Conference 2019 Registration is Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Thanks David. The app led me here, which is what I was looking for:

https://www2.eventsxd.com/event/7191...rence/sessions

Appreciate it.
    No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. --Robert Baden-Powell USPSA#A92555

Site Supporter
    Has everyone gotten their live fire assignments? Other people I know have but I haven’t yet and I don’t want to harrass Tom unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Has everyone gotten their live fire assignments? Other people I know have but I haven’t yet and I don’t want to harrass Tom unnecessarily.
    As a datapoint, I got my notification on 1/17. Might be worth checking your junk email folder for rangemaster.tom@gmail.com

Site Supporter
    Tom reached out to me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Ok, well I am pretty horrible at organizing social functions.

But shall we say Thursday 14 March 2019, meet up at the bar (I assume they serve Adult Beverages ) between 6:30-7:00, optional dinner to follow for anyone interested? Optional to wear something either orange, or p-f related, or both?

( @SeriousStudent I think you have my cell if not I’ll PM it to ya. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I regret to say I will not be able to attend this year owing to some work commitments. It’s getting a bit complicated for me in my job and unfortunately it intersected with Tac Con.

Good luck everybody and enjoy the Conference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. --Robert Baden-Powell USPSA#A92555

Very sorry to hear that, Rich. I'm starting a new gig as well this month, and hope it does not interfere.

Site Supporter
    I got into ‘Critical Skills’ w/Wayne Dobbs on Friday morning and ‘Essential Street Skills’? w/John Murphy on Sunday, and the Sims class with Southnarc on Saturday, so I’m pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I got into ‘Critical Skills’ w/Wayne Dobbs on Friday morning and ‘Essential Street Skills’? w/John Murphy on Sunday, and the Sims class with Southnarc on Saturday, so I’m pumped!
    Three good 'uns!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Three good 'uns!
    I agree!

Site Supporter
    We get inquiries about this all of the time, so here it is for everyone’s benefit. Under Louisiana law, a carry permit from any of these states will be recognized for legal concealed carry in Louisiana:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas Colorado Florida Georgia Idaho Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Maine Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska New Hampshire New Mexico
    North Carolina North Dakota Nevada Oklahoma Ohio Pennsylvania South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

Even with a valid permit, there are places in Louisiana where it is illegal to carry a handgun.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) No concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following: • A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    • A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    • A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    • A polling place;
    • A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    • The state capitol building;
    • Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    • Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship; (See R.S. 40:1379.3 (U)
    • A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity; (means be in the parade or part of the demonstration)
    • Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. Note: This means a Bar. Restaurants are OK but you can’t carry in the bar area of a restaurant.
    • Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.

No one seems to know if “No Firearms” or “Gun Free Zone” type signs have the force of law in Louisiana. The consensus seems to be that only the places prohibited above may bar a permit holder from carrying. Keep it concealed and be discreet.

Go to places like the French Quarter in New Orleans at your own peril. Carry in the bars there is prohibited. Criminal activity, including violent crime is quite common there.

User Tag List