Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Godzilla

Since we find ourselves on the topic of Skylines:

Parked outside the Scottsdale Gun Club. Right side drive.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    I wish I had the skill to push a car as fast as it will go without assists.
    Which is why low-performance cars can be so much fun. On narrow, tall, hard tires you can have the all the fun of playing at the traction limits, but at speeds that won't kill you if you screw up.

Got a visit from the car today, 1700 miles in 11 months....I wish I had those resources.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    For all the superbad that is the GT-R, right now I have the total hots for a car on the other end of the price scale.

I bought my crappy used '99 Forester from a Toyota dealership, and while the salesman was running around doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff, I was standing on the showroom floor, getting eyeball prints all over the Scion FR-S in a sort of metallic orange that was vaguely reminiscent of the Sunkist hue on a high school friend's '73 240Z.

I. Am. In. Auto lust.

I'm going to start rolling my pennies now so that when these start coming off-lease three years down the road, I'm ready.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Jeremy Clarkson said that they love the FR-S because "it looks like it wants to have naughty fun with your middle bits, and we love that."

I'm forever torn on the car thing - on the one hand, I have a 400+ HP '09 Charger, which with a press of the traction control button becomes an expensive way to convert tire rubber into smoke. It's hilariously fun to drive everywhere but the city; but the problem is that the only places where I can really push it to ludicrous speeds are on race tracks.

This has me looking at smaller, quick cars for every day drivers. My Fozzie is younger than Tam's but it's getting up on 100k pretty soon, and she'll (the Fozzie, not Tam) eventually need to be traded in and complete her life of service somewhere else. To replace her I'm really thinking "another Suby"; I'd KILL to be able to find an 07-08 vintage Forester Sports Turbo, which was basically just a WRX with a slightly lowered Fozzie body, but Subaru only imported like, five of them to the States. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I'd KILL to be able to find an 07-08 vintage Forester Sports Turbo, which was basically just a WRX with a slightly lowered Fozzie body, but Subaru only imported like, five of them to the States. C'est la vie.
    Maybe we could work out a swap. Got any 5.56 ammo?
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    For all the superbad that is the GT-R, right now I have the total hots for a car on the other end of the price scale.

I bought my crappy used '99 Forester from a Toyota dealership, and while the salesman was running around doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff, I was standing on the showroom floor, getting eyeball prints all over the Scion FR-S in a sort of metallic orange that was vaguely reminiscent of the Sunkist hue on a high school friend's '73 240Z.

I. Am. In. Auto lust.

I'm going to start rolling my pennies now so that when these start coming off-lease three years down the road, I'm ready.
    The fact that so many people are buzzing about that car makes me want to hate it. I don't know why.

I suppose part of it is my dislike for cars that don't have torque. Revving an engine to 8,000 RPM is fun...no question. Especially if it's a BMW V8 in an M3. That's a hoot. But when I'm going from A to B I prefer a car that can move from the stoplight, get up to driving speed and stay there without breaking 2,000 RPM. Having to rev the snot out of it just to make the car move when I'm not trying to have fun annoys me.
    3/15/2016

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The fact that so many people are buzzing about that car makes me want to hate it. I don't know why.

I suppose part of it is my dislike for cars that don't have torque. Revving an engine to 8,000 RPM is fun...no question. Especially if it's a BMW V8 in an M3. That's a hoot. But when I'm going from A to B I prefer a car that can move from the stoplight, get up to driving speed and stay there without breaking 2,000 RPM. Having to rev the snot out of it just to make the car move when I'm not trying to have fun annoys me.
    I've got a more primitive version of the same flat four mill in a 3300lb truckette. You don't have to rev the whee out of it to keep up with traffic. It's got 2500 cc's divided only four ways; it's practically a tractor motor.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Sigh. Reminds me of the good ol' days going through a slew of British sports cars and dreaming about the real drivers. But God is not a kind soul...now that I can afford a Porsche 911, when I got in one to try out after 1 trip around the block I couldn't wait to get out of it. Horribly uncomfortable to these bad old knees and spreading midsection. Anyone got a recommendation for an OBFG sports car?
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    Maybe we could work out a swap. Got any 5.56 ammo?
    Yeah, at current market prices I can trade you what, 10 rounds for a car?

User Tag List