Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice JP Stevens (ret): 2A is "relic of the 18th century"

Site Supporter

Justice JP Stevens (ret): 2A is "relic of the 18th century"

I wonder if the subject came up at his confirmation hearing, in 1975.?
    Nominated by a Republican, no less. Nice vetting.

Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens says Second Amendment should be repealed

“That simple but dramatic action would move Saturday’s marchers closer to their objective than any other possible reform,” Stevens said. “It would eliminate the only legal rule that protects sellers of firearms in the United States — unlike every other market in the world.”
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I wonder if the subject came up at his confirmation hearing, in 1975.?
    Nominated by a Republican, no less. Nice vetting.

Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens says Second Amendment should be repealed
    Thank God he's retired... 97... not sure everything is working up there...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OK grandpa, back into the home for you.

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

And for a different point of view...

Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes, who survived the 2015 Paris attacks, has lashed out at survivors of the Parkland, Florida, school massacre.

In a series of posts on Instagram, the singer labelled students who led the March for Our Lives protest on Saturday as "vile abusers of the dead".

Hughes also accused one of the students of treason and mocked their gun control campaign.

It is not the first time he has created controversy since the Paris attacks.

In a series of four now-deleted posts, Hughes said enacting gun control laws would "denigrate the memory and curse ourselves by exploiting the death of 16 of our fellow students for a few Facebook likes and some media attention".

"As the survivor of a mass shooting I can tell you from first-hand experience that all of you protesting and taking days off from school insult the memory of those who were killed and abuse and insult me and every other lover of liberty by your every action," Hughes wrote on Sunday.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

CWM11B
    If the second is a relic, so are the rest. Keep on being retired.

That Stevens interview, right there, is why we are all glad that Hilary won the "unpopularity contest." Two more active judges with his viewpoint would be two too many.

I like how he said it would be easy. It takes 2/3-3/4 of states and congress to do it and we are lucky if we can get 50% plus 1 to agree on anything. I hope the anti gun side wastes their money trying to repeal it.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I like how he said it would be easy. It takes 2/3-3/4 of states and congress to do it and we are lucky if we can get 50% plus 1 to agree on anything. I hope the anti gun side wastes their money trying to repeal it.
    Right? Must be some dementia going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Um, let's hope they don't.
    Between all the virtue signaling and capitulation going on right now, I think they would stand a fair chance.
    Congress? Yeah, that's a great backstop to bet our rights on.
    Last edited by wvincent; 03-27-2018 at 11:40 AM.

I don't think all democrats support repeal of the second amendment, anymore then I think all republican's support it. If money gets thrown at this, I expect to see some from both sides pushing for it, as for them, it is all about the ability to control us, aka the tyranny the second amendment was put there for to begin with.

User Tag List