Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Justice JP Stevens (ret): 2A is "relic of the 18th century"

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Based on his pattern of practices for the last forty years, a promise by Donald Trump is as much value as German guarantees were to Ilsa Lund.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Based on his pattern of practices for the last forty years, a promise by Donald Trump is as much value as German guarantees were to Ilsa Lund.

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, why'd those two have to walk into mine?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    So can we take this to mean Stevens was saying that we really do have an individual constitutional right to guns and the only way to change that is to repeal it? I guess they got the headline wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    California, too. When I lived there, I voted no on principle on every law labeled as a constitutional measure.
    When I lived in Oregon the state was governed by initiative petition,with kooks and special interests routinely bypassing the legislature. One couldn’t go wrong voting “No” on every one of the damn things.
    "Swing your leaders wide old man!"

The Firearms Project:
    "But one thing that we learned after founding Blue Lives Matter is that we don't need the mainstream media to get the truth out to everyday Americans; we can do this ourselves, but we have to work together."

We need to stop the infighting within the 2A community and rally around what we have in common, build our own media presence, have a common message, make our arguments reasonable. This includes reaching out to Democrats who support gun rights as well.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesmatter/news/there-s-a-new-war-on-gun-ownership-but-we-can-win-here-s-how-dB03LxcjDUm6UEKp8eTDRg/?full=1
    https://www.facebook.com/firearmproj...rofile_browser

"You'll never convince the anti-gun extremists.

We don't need to convince the extremists, we just need to inform everyday Americans."
    Blue Lives Matter

Last edited by cclaxton; 03-29-2018 at 05:42 AM.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    The sad part of this is the fact that these "Americans" who are advocating the repeal of the 2nd Amendment are people who probably have never been exposed to our history and have no clue why it exists. Apparently, they believe it was a pass for hunters that got hijacked by those whacked out gunlovers. They've probably never even heard the word "tyranny," let alone be able to define it. I used to laugh at their ignorance - not any more.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    So can we take this to mean Stevens was saying that we really do have an individual constitutional right to guns and the only way to change that is to repeal it? I guess they got the headline wrong.
    What Stevens also did was to validate the argument of: "See? They do want to take away all of your guns."

I want to know what is in it for our side. Giving up something without getting something in exchange isn't a negotiated deal, it's a negotiated surrender.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List