Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Ruger Minis and AKs are nice guns than ARs? Also let's talk bullet physics

Site Supporter

Why Ruger Minis and AKs are nice guns than ARs? Also let's talk bullet physics

A discussion of different semi types and why some are better, worse or more dangerous.

FYI, folks.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...ontrol/556460/

Wow, what utter garbage...

Site Supporter
    That's the kind of opinions that are out there. I saw a Meet the Press that had pro and antigun plain old folks discuss the issues. The discussion was a battle of ignoramuses on both side. Of course, progun folks are people I would support but they weren't fonts of articulate knowledge. The antis were babbling about how ARs shoot faster bullets and are no good against B-2 bombers.

Always good to see how the other side thinks. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Always good to see how the other side thinks. Sort of.
    Good, in a “stare into the abyss” kind of way.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I think I lost 30 IQ points and three quarters of my firearms and technical knowledge while trying to read that "article". Glenn, you need to put a warning on that link.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

The purpose of stories like that is not to inform, but propagandize.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    By Jove, you've got it! I've noticed that the 'progun' folks (like those on MTP, for a fair and balanced view) really don't know that much with these sort of presentations. Wonder why?

You get some chatter and then the progun person sees the antigun light!

Site Supporter
    Wow. Just wow.

After I got through the “it takes 15 sec to change a mag on a Mini-14 or an AK” (which evidently have lower-capacity magazines...),

Then I got to the assertion that the .223 round has MUCH more kinetic energy than the 30-06 of the M1 Garand.

That’s where I had to stop.

All this “knowledge” in the “ban guns” camp frankly scares me. It would be impossible to have a reasoned discussion with these people until we can free them from the burden of their “alternative facts.”

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

All this “knowledge” in the “ban guns” camp frankly scares me. It would be impossible to have a reasoned discussion with these people until we can free them from the burden of their “alternative facts.”

We are dealing with the tech equivalent of this:

User Tag List