Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR01 washout

RMR01 washout

I've got a line on a RMR 01 trade for my aimpoint pro. I've really been digging my other 2 rmrs and have decided to try them on all my guns.

I'm thinking about taking this trade as a think the 01 would be better for both concealed carry use and for guns that live inside a soft case. The reason being is that I know there are no buttons to get pushed while going about my business and then trying to use a dot that was turned down by accident.

The 01 is just always on the auto adjust mode so while in my dark aiwb area, or a case it will be very dim, conserving battery power. The only negative is possible washout in very bright conditions.

If I'm walking through a snow covered clear cut or helping my uncle on his lobster boat on sunny clear days will the 01, in your experience, be usable? How about with a wml?
    Thanks!

I have never had mine wash out. This is coming from a period of 14 months shooting at least weekly and two, two day training classes one of which was in weather that consisted of snow, sleet and rain. Last Friday was a bright sunny day and I was on the range for 4 hours with no issue. I have also tested mine with a Streamlight TLR 1 which is 800 lumens against the light colored walls in my house and I still see the dot with no issue. I suppose there could be situations that it could not be seen but I have not experienced one. I would be interested to hear of those situations so I could test them for myself. Hope this helps.
    SCD

We initially used a lot of RMR02's, but later standardized on the RMR06--a much better option for many reasons.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I have an RMR02 on one of my pistols. Definitely washes out when using a weapon light.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    We initially used a lot of RMR02's, but later standardized on the RMR06--a much better option for many reasons.
    Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Doc, when do you decide to hit one of the buttons to adjust up or down?
    Have you ever seen a button get pushed down so when a CCW gets presented it's not visible?

I'm thinking about the 01 to put on my shockwave since it lives in a 249 barrel bag and the 06 I already have on my house AR.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I have never had mine wash out. This is coming from a period of 14 months shooting at least weekly and two, two day training classes one of which was in weather that consisted of snow, sleet and rain. Last Friday was a bright sunny day and I was on the range for 4 hours with no issue. I have also tested mine with a Streamlight TLR 1 which is 800 lumens against the light colored walls in my house and I still see the dot with no issue. I suppose there could be situations that it could not be seen but I have not experienced one. I would be interested to hear of those situations so I could test them for myself. Hope this helps.
    SCD
    I need to correct something so I don't misinform the OP. My experience is with the RMR 06. When I read this I was thinking Type 1 not model 01. I apologize is this caused any confusion.
    SCD

"Doc, when do you decide to hit one of the buttons to adjust up or down?"
    Whenever the lighting conditions require a shift--typically needing to go brighter; with a right hand shooter it is quick to just bring up the left hand thumb for a quick tap

"Have you ever seen a button get pushed down so when a CCW gets presented it's not visible?"
    No
    Last edited by DocGKR; 03-27-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Whenever the lighting conditions require a shift--typically needing to go brighter; with a right hand shooter it is quick to just bring up the left hand thumb for a quick tap

No
    Thanks, I'm going through with the trade for the 01. Only because I can use my 06 for serious SD use and just experiment with the 01 on competition or fun guns.

I appreciate your experience on the matter and if I didn't already have the 06 I would get that one first. This way I will have all 3 types

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    I have an RMR02 on one of my pistols. Definitely washes out when using a weapon light.
    My RMR06’s are play toys only for this reason. Well that and they flicker and turn on/off under recoil. No way I’d trust them for serious use.

Never had an RMR06 wash out, as they can be turned up very brightly. I have direct insight observing dozens of RMR06's in duty use for 5 years--they worked better than all the other available options; yes some eventually flickered, but Trijicon rapidly repaired/replaced them. Many have gone for 10,000+ rounds without issues.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 03-30-2018 at 12:44 PM.

User Tag List