Thread: Continuum of control (grip)

Continuum of control (grip)

Working through this today on the Garcia dot drill. Remembered the following thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....hen-soft-again

What I experienced today could be described as riding the recoil. Allowing it to happen, and settling the sights back onto target, vs attempting to control / muscle the gun. Felt slow, but the timer doesn't lie. I was near the end of my session, shooting my USP9c v7 LEM, and AE9FP from AIWB. Perhaps not the best combo for shooting fast. The AE9FP does have a longer recoil impulse than 115gr in the USPc for sure. Any suggestions for developing the balance between control and recovery vs the desire to crush the gun and drive it? I found just accepting the recoil yielded a better result, but the desire to crush it was hard to overcome. Typical strings were 4.75 = 1.75, .6x, .6x,.6x,.6x,.6x when I remained more relaxed. What have others found helpful to develop this balance?
    Taking a break from social media.

I personally don't "drive" the gun out of recoil, I just grip very firmly and let the recoil do its thing. Not sure if that's exactly what you're saying you're doing though.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List