Thread: I have a couple questions on RMRs

I have a couple questions on RMRs

I noticed the dot changing brightness, then it flickered off then on yesterday while shooting my shockwave. I put a piece of rubber band behind the connection and then a piece between the base and the battery. I removed that one after I felt it wasn't allowing me to tighten it flat to the scalarworks mount.

So now that it's reinstalled It should be ok, right? My other rmr is the dual illuminated one so I never had to worry about it.

I might swing by the range today to double check my zero. How close are RMRs, after removing them, to their previous zeroes in your experience?

For my .45 pistol, I change the battery once a year on my type 1 RMR. Never had to readjust the zero or had a change of brightness or flickering. Do you have a type 1 or 2 RMR? Are you using a Trijicon sealing plate between the Shockwave and the optic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    For my .45 pistol, I change the battery once a year on my type 1 RMR. Never had to readjust the zero or had a change of brightness or flickering. Do you have a type 1 or 2 RMR? Are you using a Trijicon sealing plate between the Shockwave and the optic?
    Type one with no sealing plate.

Just shot a couple boxes to check zero. Seemed to return to zero fine and no more flickering. I'll shoot it some more to double-check next week.

User Tag List