Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help diagnosing a Glock problem please.

Do you have another Gen 4 model 17, so you could switch lowers and see if the problem stays with the upper?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    When I say "always" I mean did the light strikes happen right away, after buying the gun, or after a number of rounds had gone through it. If you had them from the start then it may be a defect with the gun.
    I don't remember exactly, it did make it through the 2,00 round test without a hiccup, I documented that here.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you have another Gen 4 model 17, so you could switch lowers and see if the problem stays with the upper?
    I do actually. I may try that today.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I do actually. I may try that today.
    If the light strike problem stays with the MOS upper, I would next switch to another 17 barrel.

Limited range time this afternoon. I switched lowers. Out of 160 rounds fired I had 2 light strikes. Both were with my Freedom Munitions "match" ammo. I shot 50 rounds of that and 100 of S&B.Like a dummy I didn't think until now to try those 2 rounds in one of my other guns. I attempted to give it a chance to double feed by doing plenty of one handed work, but that didn't happen. It was 10 degrees warmer out today.

Check your ammo to be sure the primer is flush or below flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Check your ammo to be sure the primer is flush or below flush.
    All but the Freedom I use in multiple Glocks and never have I problem with the others. I suppose it could be a combination of the gun and slightly out of spec ammo/hard primers?

Wish the gen 5 17 MOS would be released. Don't want to wait on another holster for a 34-5.

Another thought -- I had one G4 MOS, where the screws for the adapter plates reached into the striker channel, and Loctite contaminated that area?

Also, check your firing pin safety and spring. Make sure itis clean and undamaged.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List