Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help diagnosing a Glock problem please.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Another thought -- I had one G4 MOS, where the screws for the adapter plates reached into the striker channel, and Loctite contaminated that area?
    That is a thought. I need to check that out.

So the holes for the screws don't go through to the firing pin channel. I wonder though how tight the firing pin assemble should fit in the channel. I had to give it a pretty good tug to remove it .

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    So the holes for the screws don't go through to the firing pin channel. I wonder though how tight the firing pin assemble should fit in the channel. I had to give it a pretty good tug to remove it .
    I actually had a channel liner once that was noticeably tight on my firing pin. Replacing it smoothed the trigger out a lot. Maybe replace the channel liner?

Got it stripped down, cleaned, inspected, new channel liner, and reassembled. Don't know if it is fixed, I fired 70 rounds of the Freedom and 30 rounds of S&B with no issues. What I can tell you that surprised me a bit was that removing the DPP and the mounting plate and then putting them back on resulted in a huge lateral shift in point of impact. I had to really crank it left to get it rezeroed.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Got it stripped down, cleaned, inspected, new channel liner, and reassembled. Don't know if it is fixed, I fired 70 rounds of the Freedom and 30 rounds of S&B with no issues. What I can tell you that surprised me a bit was that removing the DPP and the mounting plate and then putting them back on resulted in a huge lateral shift in point of impact. I had to really crank it left to get it rezeroed.
    Hopefully, this is the fix to the ignition problems.

That is surprising on the DPP, as I have moved several from pistol to pistol, with only a tiny bit of fine tuning on zero required. Makes me wonder if there was something up with a base plate screw either before or now?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I figured it was the mounting plate to the gun where the variance was, not the DPP to the plate. Not sure though. I took the DPP of the plate while at the range and put it back on and it didn't change.

User Tag List