Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My First Competition as a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This is a common problem, and easy to avoid. When there are 2-3 shooters before you, politely step away from the conversation and start visualizing the stage again.

Honestly, I'm pretty antisocial before I've shot a stage. Before I shoot, I'm busy memorizing and visualizing. I save the conversations for after I shoot and load/clean mags.
    Definitely. And pretty much everybody in USPSA gets that so there's no issue. I really try not to talk to people when I can see that's what they are doing, or they are 2 or 3 shooters away from their turn. Nobody's ever had a problem with me thinking about the stage when I'm up soon.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

shot my 2nd match today
    went much smoother than the first
    A 7 stage.
    Really walked through each stage today before I shot them and had no major hiccups.
    I did have a few mikes though that ruined my overall scoring for the day but those were on me
    rushing
    I'm hooked can't wait for the next one

Just shot my first match yesterday in Carry Optics instead of Production.
    I shot a Steel Challenge and basically shaved an entire minute off of my total overall time compared to last months Steel challenge that I did in Production.
    shaved approximately 2 seconds off of each string I shot (Hey I'm new to this game plenty of time to shave off )
    I used my performance Center M&P 9L with a shield mini sight on it.
    I think I may be hooked on using an optic.

Quick update, been doing completions for a while and have been steadily improving. Have really started to minimize brain farts and have been picking up speed with my accuracy. Been finishing in the top 3rd, yesterday finished 2nd in limited out of 10 shooters in the class of production

I have mostly run my 19x but the last few times I ran by 19.5 and I clearly seem to shoot it better which is a bit of a surprise to me. My acccuracty is speed is much better, tighter groups and it seems I get on target quicker. I have the AmeriGlo orange dot (square w/ black out U rears). My 19x has Dawson precision chargers (green) which is pretty easy to pick up. I assumed the larger grip would give me a bit better control but that’s not the case at all. I seem to really lock in the 19 much better with my grip and pick up the sights immediately. I seem to be on the A zone with my shots much more higher percentage with the 19 and always tight groups even on a miss. I think at this point I will relegate the 19x as a backup option. Odd because it’s a real joy to shoot and I love the feel but it looks like it may be more of a range gun vs what I use to compete with.

Anyway just some observations, curious if other have a similiar experience.

User Tag List