Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My First Competition as a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This is a common problem, and easy to avoid. When there are 2-3 shooters before you, politely step away from the conversation and start visualizing the stage again.

Honestly, I'm pretty antisocial before I've shot a stage. Before I shoot, I'm busy memorizing and visualizing. I save the conversations for after I shoot and load/clean mags.
    Definitely. And pretty much everybody in USPSA gets that so there's no issue. I really try not to talk to people when I can see that's what they are doing, or they are 2 or 3 shooters away from their turn. Nobody's ever had a problem with me thinking about the stage when I'm up soon.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

shot my 2nd match today
    went much smoother than the first
    A 7 stage.
    Really walked through each stage today before I shot them and had no major hiccups.
    I did have a few mikes though that ruined my overall scoring for the day but those were on me
    rushing
    I'm hooked can't wait for the next one

Just shot my first match yesterday in Carry Optics instead of Production.
    I shot a Steel Challenge and basically shaved an entire minute off of my total overall time compared to last months Steel challenge that I did in Production.
    shaved approximately 2 seconds off of each string I shot (Hey I'm new to this game plenty of time to shave off )
    I used my performance Center M&P 9L with a shield mini sight on it.
    I think I may be hooked on using an optic.

User Tag List