Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'It's my job to protect them': U.S. teachers train to carry guns in class

It's an elephant, eat it one bite at a time. Start small, focusing on small gains. Allow willing staff to CCW, and give them a simply constructed, credible training product that allows them to defend their personal and classroom space against bell curve problems. As you establish safety and efficacy, take the next most palatable step in your venue. In the overwhelming majority of districts, if you walk in talking about hostage shots, rifles, QRF concepts, and the like you were done before you began. Please don't do that, you're making it hard for the rest of us.

A teacher that is taught to shoot a 5^5 competently and position themselves a few feet from their classroom door can be a formidable defense of ~30 kids. Start there.

I don't know who to credit, but another poster/blogger discussed this as a "zone defense" approach. I like it, and am changing some minds with it.
    Last edited by ST911; 04-05-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Another well written article.....

When You Give a Teacher a Gun

The question is no longer "should we arm teachers?" Now, it's "how many armed teachers are already out there?" We flew down to Ohio to embed with the men and women behind FASTER Saves Lives, a group that has trained thousands of teachers from all across the country how to shoot to kill.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I would love to be armed. I have a feeling illinois will never allow me to be

User Tag List