Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Culture War continues

Site Supporter
    The culture war continues in Emojis : http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...ow-suit-2018-4

However, if you look at the chart for 2018, it does look a bit like the Taurus catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

However, if you look at the chart for 2018, it does look a bit like the Taurus catalog.
    That’s a lot funnier after you see the chart...

Hammertime
    These are all revolvers. What do they have against auto loading pistols?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    These are all revolvers. What do they have against auto loading pistols?
    Nobody needs one of those evil fully semiautomatic pistol emojis! What are you, some kinda nut?!

So long as we are keeping this thread alive, this is a decent read, courtesy of brother Greg (Ellifritz), who seems to be able to cull pearls from about a third of the gunternet every week:

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/04/14...ron-barruga-9/

Makes me want to start a collegiate club. I might just explore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Nobody needs one of those evil fully semiautomatic assault emojis! What are you, some kinda nut?!
    FIFY.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

There are 15,000 members of my professional association. If I lost a few pounds, all the other conservatives in the association could fit into a phone booth with me. (Slight exaggeration, but only slight.)

I was at our annual conference last week, and got to chatting with a guy from my chapter whom I’ve known for many years and who recently won the D nomination for an urban seat in the state legislature. Very smart guy, one of the best in his particular subspecialty. As we were concluding, I said “just don’t take our guns.” We then got into a gun/2A discussion, and of course he said he didn’t want to take away guns but was for “common sense" gun control. I sang all the old standards. E.g.:

• “Well regulated” had a different meaning in 1789, just as “gay” had a different meaning in 1789 than it does now (born in 1938, my mother’s maiden name was Gay Mann, true), and in 1789 it meant in working order.
    • “Militia” meant all of the people, not something like a National Guard which didn’t exist back then.
    • Operative clause is not negated or limited by prefatory clause.

Etc.

No progress. They meant muskets, and the usual uninformed nonsense.

As were (again) concluding, I asked whether he agreed that the purpose of the Bill of Rights as a whole was as a check on the tyranny of the government. He did. And that the purpose of the Second Amendment was not to ensure the ability to hunt but to ensure an armed citizenry as a deterrent to government tyranny and a doomsday provision to ensure that the citizenry would have a means to resist government tyranny. He agreed. Did he think the Founders envisioned that no matter future advances in weaponry, the citizenry should be limited to muskets?

“That’s the first good point you’ve made,” he said, "I’ll have to think about that."

Site Supporter
    I have almost no optimism about the nation's direction. I see throngs of uninformed and willfully ignorant persons making up the masses who will determine policy. With some of these I sometimes attempt to discuss crime, immigration, welfare dependency, and personal responsibility of citizens. I have the knowledge and ability to present information in a sensitive manner and do so. My source is government statistics. I've observed that these conversations, even when weaved into a discussion brought up by others, makes many people uncomfortable. Some view it as hate speech. Others reject the data because they(data)are incongruent with their world view. Hence they choose to live in the willfully ignorant category. It seems that folks will lie to themselves in order to maintain that warm and fuzzy feeling. Me? When I hold babies, kittens, and puppies I get a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    I was at our annual conference last week, and got to chatting with a guy from my chapter whom I’ve known for many years and who recently won the D nomination for an urban seat in the state legislature. Very smart guy, one of the best in his particular subspecialty. As we were concluding, I said “just don’t take our guns.” We then got into a gun/2A discussion, and of course he said he didn’t want to take away guns but was for “common sense" gun control.
    Name:  MSNBC Rachel Maddow 2009-06-01 1024px.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  59.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Rachel shoots an AR and 1911. Her first date with girl friend was to a gun range. Google her on it. Quite contradictory, isn't it. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rachel-maddow-storyteller/

User Tag List