Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Culture War continues

Site Supporter

The Culture War continues

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...n-sales-881040

“But we want to do our part as a company to prevent firearms from getting into the wrong hands,” said Skyler, who served under former Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York City for eight years. Bloomberg is a leading gun-control advocate.
    This is the major risk - a culture change. I've already ranted about how our major representative organization and supposedly progun government elected officials are on board this train.

Expect to see a quiet change back to the old status quo in a few months. The firearms market is too big to discard, and others will be more than happy to take up the slack.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The policy “is not centered on an ideological mission to rid the world of firearms,” Ed Skyler, Citi’s head of global public affairs, said in a blog post.
    Bullshit.

In what world - does a BANK that's goal is to MAKE MONEY tell it's customers to NOT sell something that is legal to sell? How is that in the bank's best interest?

It isn't.

Therefore the motivation for this must be ideological.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-22-2018 at 04:57 PM.

CWM11B
    Yeah, I'm sure no other bank will be ready to take whatever citi's part of the 11 billion dollars in annual firearms sales they don't want. I guess PC trumps fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. I don't bank with them anyway. Now I'll be sure not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

This is the major risk - a culture change. I've already ranted about how our major representative organization and supposedly progun government elected officials are on board this train.
    Remember.... it's the International Banking Cartel that really runs the world as their BoDs sit on major transnational companies' BoD. They also supply loans and credit lines.

So... yeah, they are willing to cause issues to drive many out of business.

This shouldn't be surprising - only annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

The bright side of this is we get to see their true colors. Going to pass on making money to to do a little "social engineering"? Then be prepared to feel the effects of your actions.

I would urge any member here who was an account or card with Citi to cancel it, post haste.
    Let them know why.
    In a position at your place of employment to do the same? Then do it.
    I already have.
    It's time some people and establishments learn that actions have consequences.
    Because a letter of discontent won't mean shit.
    But, if you have an impact on the numbers, than that makes them think.
    Last edited by wvincent; 03-22-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Y'all know the one-issue voter concept.

I can see myself becoming primarily a one-issue shopper. I don't need much besides food, water, power and ammo these days. The guys who make my whiskey are not die-hard statists, so I'm pretty much GTG.

I cancelled my account of nearly 20 years within 10 minutes of reading the article earlier. Completely automated and dis-satisfying. Tomorrow I'll call back since the digital footprint of an account still exists and hopefully talk to someone and let them know why.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Citibank issues all the Gov't credit / travel cards, there is no amount of canceling our personal cards that is gong to affect their bottom line to a point that is going to matter to their shareholders or their board........but if it makes you feel better go for it.

"So you can't!"
    Last edited by blues; 03-22-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List