Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 261: 500 Point Aggregate

Week 261: 500 Point Aggregate

Results may be posted until April 23rd, 2018.

Range: 25 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Ready
    Rounds Fired: 50

Time for accuracy focus!

Drill is run in five sections:

1. 10 shots freestyle slow fire (ie. NO time limit)
    2. 5 shots timed fire in 20 sec – repeat once
    3. 5 shots rapid fire in 10 sec – repeat once
    4. 10 shots strong hand slow fire
    5. 10 shots weak hand slow fire.

Mediocre score is above 400, good score is over 450, stellar score is above 475.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol used
    Report your score for each section of the test (ie. 98-4x) and if you were within the time limits on sections 2 & 3
    Total score for all strings combined
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Pistol used: G17.5 ameriglo
    Report your score for each section of the test (ie. 98-4x) and if you were within the time limits on sections 2 & 3:

Section 1: 89-4x
    Section 2: 44-2x, 15.03s / 45-3x, 13.67s
    Section 3: 36-1x; 8.29s; one miss / 45-2x; 9.13s
    Section 4: 89 - 5x
    Section 5: 72 - 3x, one miss

Total score for all strings combined: 420
    Anything you noticed: Challenging drill. I was at the range playing with a new G17.5 Ameriglo instead of my usual 92G today and decided to give this one a run. Unsurprisingly, the rapid fire and weak hand only strings demonstrated my unfamiliarity with the glock trigger. While I do shoot out to 25 yards regularly, I don't often push for speed at that distance, so this drill pointed out some new things to work on. I may shoot it again with my 92 later for comparison.
    Last edited by jkb4c; 03-22-2018 at 05:44 PM.

G34.5

Forgot to mark down bulls, so just the scores below.

Section 1: 94
    Section 2: 47; 47 (within par)
    Section 3: 42; 43 (within par)
    Section 4: 89
    Section 5: 88

Just squeaked in with a 450. Dropped to many points on section 2-5. Haven't shot SHO or WHO in quite a while, much less at 25 yards. I was actually doing well with the WHO portion and going to beat my SHO score until I sent one sailing painfully into the 6 ring.

Hammertime
    I do this kind of regularly.

P30l V3 (DA/SA).

356 down 7 is on the low end of average for me. The gun is capable of a perfect score. I was shooting after morning deadlifts and was pretty caffeinated so there was a significant tremor notably on the SHO.

Can’t say I am happy with this but the test is humbling and requires consistency with a lot of different skill sets.

On slow fire stages I shoot this in pairs of DA/SA and decock.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I do this kind of regularly.

P30l V3 (DA/SA).

356 down 7 is on the low end of average for me. The gun is capable of a perfect score. I was shooting after morning deadlifts and was pretty caffeinated so there was a significant tremor notably on the SHO.

Can’t say I am happy with this but the test is humbling and requires consistency with a lot of different skill sets.

On slow fire stages I shoot this in pairs of DA/SA and decock.
    That workout will blow up precision. That's a stress shoot!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The AMU rules was no workouts two days before a match. Or something
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The AMU rules was no workouts two days before a match. Or something
    Well I don’t shoot it that great anyway. I would be beyond thrilled to hit 450 some time.

G19-5

I was well within the time for all timed strings. I failed to track my scores for each string, which was a big oversight on my part. My total score was 317-4x.

Everything I did at 25y during this range session ended up being a miserable failure so I know what my next session will be dedicated to.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 03-25-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Work needed...
    Gen5/17, Ameriglo sights, indoor range. Forgot about “Xs”, so that mans I shoot it again!
    S1: 86. S2: 87. S3: 79. S4:77. S5:41 TOTAL=370-ugh.
    A miss each under time-FIVE misses support hand.
    Shot the “FBI” Bullseye immediately after w/a 257, so an off day.
    Will attack again!

Shot this morning two hours after a deadlift, farmers carry and Tabata pushup workout.

Pistol, the amazing SA 9mm Operator extensively tuned by Dave Sams. Worn OWB.

Stages
    One 94
    Two 92
    Three 91
    Four 77 (SHO, launched one up up and away off the B8 backer)
    Five 85

Total 439

Had thoughts of repeating with another pistol but this is taxing. Plan to hit it again with fresh arms.

User Tag List