Thread: Vortex

Vortex

Anyone try using the Vortex Sparc or their little RMRs on their shotguns? I’m using Trijicon and Aimpoint on what I refer to as my go to stuff but would like a more reasonable price point for my 870s that are secondary weapons.

Bump...

Anyone... anyone....??? Bueller? Bueller?

I have a Vortex SPARC II mounted on my Beretta CX-4 9mm carbine. I know your question references a shotgun. The reason I went with the SPARC II is that it comes with 3 mounting plates. I like the versatility in obtaining the optimum height of the sight for the shooter. I didn't like the idea of a single mounting plate where one would have to order adapters to get the proper mounting height. I tried a couple different combinations of mounting plates before I settled on the right height for me. This red dot works well and it compliments the appearance of my CX-4. Hope this helps

Site Supporter
    Sorry, no hands-on experience, but Vortex, in their Q&A, recommends their MRDs on shotguns. They say it is designed to take the recoil.

I read all the Q&As as they have some good information in them.

Site Supporter
    The only Vortex stuff I've used are binos and spotting scopes. Nice stuff. Bought two pairs of binos.

Quote Originally Posted by Itschris View Post
    Anyone try using the Vortex Sparc or their little RMRs on their shotguns? I’m using Trijicon and Aimpoint on what I refer to as my go to stuff but would like a more reasonable price point for my 870s that are secondary weapons.
    I have the new Vortex Crossfire Red Dot on my Mossberg 590. I only have a few hundred rounds through the shotgun with the RDS on it but it seems to be holding up very well. No shift in POA POI what so ever shooting low recoil and full power slugs. I also had a SPAR AR on my Smith and Wesson M&P 15T for about 2 years with thousands of rounds through the gun and no issues with the sight. Most recently I put a Strike Eagle 1-6X24 on the same AR and that seems rock solid. I have no complaints with Vortex. I've heard their customer service is outstanding but I've never had the need to use them as all their gear has worked flawlessly.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    My favorite Vortex is the Razor Gen II HD-E 1-6
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List