Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P 22 Compact

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNobody View Post
    I think a Shield holster could be modified to work with a 22c. The main different is the barrell of the 22c is slightly longer, so if your shield holster covers the muzzle it will have to be trimmed/opened up.
    Slide is thicker on the 22C.

Site Supporter
    2.0C, 22C, Shield.
    Name:  20180322_160405.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  83.5 KB
    Name:  20180322_160501.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  57.0 KB
    Name:  20180322_160611.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  60.7 KB

We have a Compact .22, and love it....Shoot just about anything I've fed it.. Fits in any holster I've got for the Shield...
    Just a small adjustment in tension needed...

Wife has a Ruger SR22, she likes it's fit in her hand a bit better than the M&P .22C...But she likes the trigger and sights better
    on the M&P (tried to tell her that, before she bought the Ruger, but that is another thread! ).

I have changed the front sight on the M&P to a fiber one..If I had thought about Dawson, before I had changed it, I would have gone with them.. I have Dawsons on almost everything else I have..

The .22C has been a great companion to the other M&P's, easy transition to them...

Semper Fi
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Thanks. Can you comment on trigger reach? I am thinking specifically for teaching someone with small hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill;

The trigger reach is suitable for those with smaller hands. I can't quite articulate it, but my neighbor's 15 year old daughter competes with his M&P 22. She has smaller hands. It's slightly smaller than an M&P 9 trigger reach, in circumferance.

I recently installed a set of Williams Fire Sights on a friend's M&P 22C. They appeared to be quality sights and he loves them.

Have not tried one but www.onyour6designs.com shows both IWB and OWB Kydex for the .22 Compact. A hair under $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhp147 View Post
    Have not tried one but www.onyour6designs.com shows both IWB and OWB Kydex for the .22 Compact. A hair under $50.
    While I've never owned anything from them I know their methods and attention to detail to be well far from what I feel the forum participants would expect and hope for. None of the participants here seem to offer anything so my next suggestion would be HolsterCo. I know the owner, good dude, and they do good work. I don't suspect anyone here would have issue with their build quality.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I think that the compact model is made at the Massachusetts factory, and the full size one is made in Germany by Walther.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    While I've never owned anything from them I know their methods and attention to detail to be well far from what I feel the forum participants would expect and hope for. None of the participants here seem to offer anything so my next suggestion would be HolsterCo. I know the owner, good dude, and they do good work. I don't suspect anyone here would have issue with their build quality.
    On your 6 is local to me. We see lots of their Holsters locally at IDPA and among plainclothes LE. They are... ok.

I’ve had three Holsters from them. If they weren’t local to me I wouldn’t go out of my way to order one.

They are very basic - Certainly not in the same league as DSG or JM Custom. They only offer two Holsters an OWB and a IWB. They seem to hold up now that they have stopped using Kydex loops but they are not... refined.

My Glock 17 OWB Holster was made when they were still using Kydex belt loops. Unsurprisingly one of the loops eventually cracked. OY6 repacked the loops with molded plastic loops free of charge.

They made me custom Holsters for an M&P 22 Compact and my recent project PX4C same day off the guns themselves since they didn’t have molds for either. Both Holsters are still going strong.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-14-2018 at 10:31 PM.

My Compact rides nicely in the Bianchi UMIII:
    Name:  bianchi3.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  54.8 KB

User Tag List