Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any CZ-75 PCR owners here?

There are a boatload of videos and tutorials that show the complete disassembly and reassembly of CZs. I'm not that handy with mechanical things and going slowly can work on mine. The first thing I would get is a Cajun Gun Works firing pin retaining pin and replace the stock one whether it looks good or not. https://cajungunworks.com/product/61...retaining-pin/ Mine went bad on a P 07 and last week I replaced the one on a SP 01. I love CZs, but this is a definite weak point in my opinion. Here's the one I just replaced in the SP 01. Took just a few minutes and there are a number of videos showing how to do it.

Name:  SP 01 FPRP.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  44.5 KB

I owned one for several years along with a G17. After some experimentation I found I was better with the CZ yet I ended up trading both away. I wish I still had the CZ. A solid shooter with easy recoil control, mine was reliable with all ammo even 1000 rounds of Wolf.

I got lots of good feedback here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ange-game-guns

Consensus seems to be that the older design steel/alloy guns are great in terms of ergos and shootability but require an extra level of maintenance.
    (P07/P09 and Omega lockwork guns are a different story.)

These sell about as fast as they get to dealers. I bought one had two people want it if I didn’t take it. The price is fair, I am sending mine to CGW. I just got an SP 01 back so sending this one was easy decision after the way SP 01 shoots

I hate to say this, man, but pass. Good guns, not something "serious".

If you want a serious CZ for defensive use, consider an Omega system gun: P07 or P09 (or Omega P01)

I carried a Matt Mink-tuned CZ P01 with a decoder for a while. The FP pin gave out pretty quick - wish I knew the number but it was just a few K rounds.

TRS breakage, etc... Just... Say... No...

For gaming? Different story...

I own a couple of CZ's there a few parts that need replaced, but when you're done, you'll have a reliable accurate pistol.. What'd I usually replace was firing pin and spring, the roll pin that retains the firing pin,firing pin saftey block spring, hammer spring,(15lb) trigger return spring, trigger pin. I replaced all these parts with parts from Cajun Gun Works you'll have about $80 wrapped up in it (including shipping) jf you have a set of pliers that HK Parts net sell for replacing trigger return springs on HK's (a known weak point on HK's) these also work great on CZ's as well. After you replace these parts, you should'nt have any problems for quite awhile..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    a few parts
    replace was firing pin and spring, the roll pin that retains the firing pin,firing pin saftey block spring, hammer spring,(15lb) trigger return spring, trigger pin.
    Just say'n.

And that's par for the course... They're accurate, easy to shoot guns. The trigger is good. But Omega system is just more durable and needs far less to work right out of the box.
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 03-23-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Just say'n.

And that's par for the course... They're accurate, easy to shoot guns. The trigger is good. But Omega system is just more durable and needs far less to work right out of the box.
    Better go read up on the Omega system..Over on the CZ board there's a thread about how the decocker levers Omega system guns are slipping out..(supposedly 2017 P-01's) I'm unsure if CZ has a fix..yet Regular decockers, and manual saftey guns never had this problem..and still don't. But yeah, replacing a few parts..myself I don't see it as a problem, I spent almost as much getting my g19 to quit throwing brass at me, that's one thing any of my CZ's has never done..besides, how many people spend money replacing all the polymer parts on Beretta 92's replacing stock trigger return springs with that unit fron Wolfe? No pistol's perfect, not even Beretta's, and I own 3 of them...
    Last edited by ralph; 03-23-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Better go read up on the Omega system..Over on the CZ board there's a thread about how the decocker levers Omega system guns are slipping out..(supposedly 2017 P-01's) I'm unsure if CZ has a fix..yet Regular decockers, and manual saftey guns never had this problem..and still don't. But yeah, replacing a few parts..myself I don't see it as a problem, I spent almost as much getting my g19 to quit throwing brass at me, that's one thing any of my CZ's has never done..besides, how many people spend money replacing all the polymer parts on Beretta 92's replacing stock trigger return springs with that unit fron Wolfe? No pistol's perfect, not even Beretta's, and I own 3 of them...
    You're 100% correct: There is no perfect design. Instead, look for better.

The Omega system is better than older C75 sear cage...

The Beretta PX4 and 92 designs are better than the older C75 sear cage (and you really don't need to put in steel parts: The plastic ones are really ok...)...

User Tag List