Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Morphing" Karambit on Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I'll pass. Never understood the point of karambits when a knife made for stabbing works better for defensive situations.
    A “properly-done” Indonesian-style karambit is made for stabbing. The product shown in the demo video does not have enough curve, in the blade, to be used in the way I am talking about.

What will the people who consider a folding knife a broken knife call that?

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    My understanding is that it's intended to be used under specific circumstances using specific techniques. Someone ask Steve Tarani.
    Yup. I have taken several classes with Steve. I honestly think carrying a karambit without training specific to that tool is not helpful.

That's why I own all his books and videos, have trained with him several times, and own seven or eight of the things. I'd have to go count to be sure.

I'm not urinating in anyone's Cheerio's. If a tool or technique is just not for you, then play Taps and drive on.

I have the practice and reps with one, I'll try it and report back, as mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I already have mine pre-ordered from BladeHQ.
    Dangerous fidget spinner is how I justified buying it.
    Hmmm. Based on history, Hambo + dangerous fidget spinner = trip to ER for somebody.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Hmmm. Based on history, Hambo + dangerous fidget spinner = trip to ER for somebody.
    I'm pretty sure that after just two more trips to the ER the next one will be free.
    I gotta check my loyalty card balance to verify though.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I don’t see something like this replacing a Cold Steel Storm Cloud or Spyderco Waved Delica in my pocket the vast majority of the time. However, I do go a few places where I am limited to 2.5” blades. Depending on the ultimate dealer price, I may try one of these for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I'm pretty sure that after just two more trips to the ER the next one will be free.
    I gotta check my loyalty card balance to verify though.
    After my last two experiences, I'm on the DIY plan.

I do like this knife. It's really not a bad price a D2 blade and lots of moving parts.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I don’t see something like this replacing a Cold Steel Storm Cloud or Spyderco Waved Delica in my pocket the vast majority of the time.
    What I like most about the CRKT is the low profile deep carry clip.
    Most Karambits (especially the polished Spyderco Karahawk) have that large ring sticking up out of your pocket letting everyone know exactly what's there.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    What I like most about the CRKT is the low profile deep carry clip.
    Most Karambits (especially the polished Spyderco Karahawk) have that large ring sticking up out of your pocket letting everyone know exactly what's there.
    Agree 100%.

I wish more knifemakers would realize the importance of discretion. That includes:

1) Generally low profile clips, preferably epoxy powder-coated black (not painted - paint rubs off over time).
    2) Clips that keep the knife relatively deep in the pocket.

This damn place. I just caved on a 154 dollar provoke on Amazon. And I don't even like kerambits. Mods here are shit.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List