Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Morphing" Karambit on Kickstarter

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    $650? GTFO.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Looks like CRKT is going produce this thing. Saw a YouTube clip from BladeHQ for all new 2019 CRKT products and there it was...

Price point looks much improved. I have zero karambit experience but this thing looks cool. It’ll be interesting to see what the street price ends up being.

https://www.crkt.com/provoke.html

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    For $200, it might be worth an experiment.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The intended retail price is apparently $650.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Joe Caswell has designed some really interesting knives, always on the expensive side. I did buy one of his most recent fixed blades. In spite of a little too much “secret agency black ops can’t divulge names” marketing spin it’s a hell of a knife.

I handled the prototype at theUSN show in Las Vegas last fall. It was really cool, an engineering marvel and not something I’d buy.

There was a guy from CRKT hanging around the table, now I know why.

I'll snag one, and report back after sharing it with some other karambit users.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    For $200, it might be worth an experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    At the $200 MSRP for the CRKT version, I might buy one to keep around the office as a “fidget spinner” that I can use to open boxes.
    Especially since we all know that they’ll be out there for under $125, shipped, all day long from knifecenter, et al, in 6 months.

Hey, speaking of, you should license the gadget to CRKT, Tom. Nice, passive royalty stream for you, and a $39.95 MSRP/$29.95 street for the forged by war crowd—which probably exceeds the P-F koolaid crowd by four digit percentage points.

ETA: or, you could do a TAD edition Gen 5 gadget: damascus steel for $199.95...
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-13-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I'll pass. Never understood the point of karambits when a knife made for stabbing works better for defensive situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    At the $200 MSRP for the CRKT version, I might buy one to keep around the office as a “fidget spinner” that I can use to open boxes.
    I already have mine pre-ordered from BladeHQ.
    Dangerous fidget spinner is how I justified buying it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I'll pass. Never understood the point of karambits when a knife made for stabbing works better for defensive situations.
    My understanding is that it's intended to be used under specific circumstances using specific techniques. Someone ask Steve Tarani.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List