Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Morphing" Karambit on Kickstarter

Trivial Matter Expert Sidheshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Necro’ing this thread to see if @JodyH or anyone else has any updates? Got bit by the karambit bug and the Provoke looks like a good, low-profile solution with how deep it sits.
    I’ve been carrying one daily for months—at first spurred on by numerous business trips to Seattle, and now just because I like it. My thoughts are pretty much unchanged from this old post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I am already quite taken with it. When I first pulled it out, I used two hands to gently swing the blade off the detent to get a feel for how it opened, and which way the blade went. After 2 1/2 seconds of that, it was off to the races: I’ve already done dozens, if not a hundred + practice draws from inside the waistband with no failures to open. It’s quite foolproof. No clinch pick for speed and robust IF access, mind, but it’s the most fumble-proof “folder” I’ve owned. Plus, it’s cool and unusual. So far, so good toting it around in my waistband; no issues.

I will be in Seattle no less than 4 times for business over the summer, and the city ordinance there says knives have to be folders with blades under 3". While I’m pretty sure that this thing is not what the drafters had in mind, it clearly "folds," and the blade is listed as 2.4"—which my ruler confirms. Fits the bill, as they say, with vengeance. I am no Karambit guy, but this thing really works as a folding knife, assuming reverse grip is your bag.

I totally dig it. You should snag one when the rush dies down a bit. JMO.
    "The evidence is all around us—the paroxysms of inchoate, infantile rage suffered by those who have turned fallible politicians into saviors and devils, godlike avatars of Good versus Evil."
    -Camille Paglia

Is this thread going to cost me money?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Necro’ing this thread to see if @JodyH or anyone else has any updates? Got bit by the karambit bug and the Provoke looks like a good, low-profile solution with how deep it sits.
    Still carry mine regularly.
    No issues with it "self opening" unless I force it to, mine still has the right amount of resistance to overcome in order to get things moving open. Nothing has loosened up or become sloppy despite me playing with it all the time.
    I still think it's one of the best Karambits out there for low profile daily carry, a little heavier than my Spyderco (second favorite) but theres no polished ring sticking out to give it away either like on the Spyderco.
    Another awesome thing about the clip is I've yet to hang it on anything. Seems every other knife I carry regularly I snag the clip on something and bend the shit out of it at least once a year.

I must have received one of the first ones released because a large multi-store semi-local knife dealer said he's just now starting to have them trickle in from the order he made way back when they were first announced.
    He was shocked when I told him i'd had mine since January. He didn't believe me until I showed him the dated picture on my phone from when I received it.

BTW: those who wear Duluth pants (at least the Firehose-Flex cargo pants) the Provoke fits perfectly down in that little whatever pocket at the bottom of the right front hand pocket.
    That's where I carry it now unless my NAA Pug is there instead.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-18-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    Lot of desert out here.
    Lot of holes in the desert.
    Lot of problems buried in those holes.

-How can we make CCT125US buy our knife?
    -Think of a P7M8...
    SWYNTS

User Tag List