Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Morphing" Karambit on Kickstarter

Mine is already in route, scheduled for Friday delivery but the tracking shows it has a high probability of being in my little raccoon paws by tomorrow.
    I've already made sure my "veterinarian" suture kit is handy next to my desk.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Time to start coon-fingering it.
    Wish me luck.

Attachment 34546
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

The best part is the clip, cool low profile design, especially for a Karambit.
    The action is still a bit stiff, but after some Chris Reeve knife grease it's getting slicker with every fidgit.

Attachment 34548

FYI: you can easily "wave" it open if you slightly drag it towards the back of your pocket on the draw.

Site Supporter
    That clip is really appealing. I just wish the blade curved around to the front so you can use more of a punching action with the implement. I’m just not comfortable if the Karambit doesn’t support a punching motion.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That clip is really appealing. I just wish the blade curved around to the front so you can use more of a punching action with the implement. I’m just not comfortable if the Karambit doesn’t support a punching motion.
    It works like a "knuckle duster" when jabbing and as a talon when throwing a hook.
    The beefy handle and ring make for an awesome "knuckle duster" with plenty of support backing everything up in your hand even if you don't deploy the blade.
    I'm going to play with it some more at the gym over the next few weeks but right now it appears to be a very versatile multi-tool of hate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I played with it a bit at the CRKT booth today. It's neat. I asked the booth dude if they planned a trainer for it and got the expected noncommittal "well, we thought about that, blah blah blah..." nothing response.

Ah no!!!!
    Man I already lost a lot of “points” with my wife the one time I took myself to the emergency clinic for stitches when I was confirming my deployment technique with a live karambit folder and err discovered a hole in my deployment technique. Lack of a trainer is a big deal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've already made sure my "veterinarian" suture kit is handy next to my desk.
    [emoji106]

Down to 149 on the 'zon now...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HYWFGN8
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

I may pick up a second one at that price to turn into a trainer.
    The blade is just held on by two screws, so replacing it with a shaped piece of Delrin plastic would be a breeze.

User Tag List