Thread: Christensen MPR (Modern Precision Rifle)

Site Supporter

Christensen MPR (Modern Precision Rifle)

Does any one here have experience with the Christensen MPR ?

https://christensenarms.com/modern-precision-rifle/

I have been toying with the idea of a Tikka CTR or chassis bolt gun for some time. The idea of a heavy “belly shooting” only bolt gun seems limiting and I like the idea of the lighter weight MPR as a light precision / General Purpose bolt gun.

The MPR seems to be just what I am looking for and it is about $1k less than Q’s Fix.

Any positive or negative experiences with Christensen rifles in general ? Or with their carbon fiber wrapped barrels ?

It uses Remington 700 optics mounts and takes AICS mags.

I know Kyle Lamb has been a proponent of earlier Christensen rifles and he sold their AR barrels on his VTAC site.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-16-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    I admire the Christensen hunting rifles at the "library" at my local Cabela's but of my price range - hope someone has experience to share.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I admire the Christensen hunting rifles at the "library" at my local Cabela's but of my price range - hope someone has experience to share.
    The MPR is about $2k - not cheap but reasonable able compared to their $4k and up hunting guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The MPR is about $2k - not cheap but reasonable able compared to their $4k and up hunting guns.
    You might check over at snipershide. Word is EuroOptic sells them quiclkly when they get them.

Site Supporter
    This is very interesting. The light weight of the 16 inch .308 appeals to me. I wish it was a switch barrel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    You might check over at snipershide. Word is EuroOptic sells them quiclkly when they get them.
    I saw generally positive reviews there, though almost everyone there is running 6.5 Creedmore.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I saw generally positive reviews there, though almost everyone there is running 6.5 Creedmore.
    Yeah, mostly for gamer recoil to see shots... and OAL handload advantage.

What chambering(s) are you considering?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Yeah, mostly for gamer recoil to see shots... and OAL handload advantage.

What chambering(s) are you considering?
    There is a lightly used 20’ .308 availible local to me.

I have other .308’s so logistics are a factor.

Site Supporter
    The idea of this light chassis rifle is so interesting that I think I will take a road trip to handle one this week. Any suggestions for a scope? I think a heavy scope would comprise the handeling. Maybe two scopes would be the solution. A hunting scope and a target scope. My first thought was a Leupold 3-18x

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    The idea of this light chassis rifle is so interesting that I think I will take a road trip to handle one this week. Any suggestions for a scope? I think a heavy scope would comprise the handeling. Maybe two scopes would be the solution. A hunting scope and a target scope. My first thought was a Leupold 3-18x
    Gravity can make any top-heavy LW rifle a handful.

What's your target use spec? Looking to stay MOA or Mil on both scopes? Budget?

User Tag List