Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All Military branches order XM17/XM18

Last edited by UNK; 03-16-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I’ve heard that the Marine Corps is leaning more towards the M18 than the M17.

I hope this works out for the end users...

This is the first time I heard that the DoD found that the xm17/18 pistols did not pass reliability standards with ball ammo according to a article in military.com

The Marine Corps did, however, include the MHS in the Family of Infantry Weapons Systems section of the Department of Defense Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Estimates Justification Book.

"The Modular Handgun System will be purchased to replace the legacy M9, M9A1, M45A1, and M007 pistols with a more affordable and efficient pistol for maintenance," the document states. "The MHS also provides modularity and greater shooter ergonomics over the current models, which will allow for more accurate fire for military personnel of different sizes."

So the M007 is a "legacy" pistol? What was that, like, five months of service?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

You know they're full of shit when they say a plastic Sig has better ergos and accuracy than a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    This is the first time I heard that the DoD found that the xm17/18 pistols did not pass reliability standards with ball ammo according to a article in military.com
    According to the DOD report the stoppages documented were primarily failures to lock the slide back and were primarily experienced by just 3 out of the 132 shooters. The recommendation was to improve training on proper grip. Apparently DOD is still feeling comfortable enough about the decision to roll them out further.

Site Supporter
    I am watching The Fighting Season on Netflix right now. I saw a soldier with a chest mounted Serpa that had an M9 in it. The safety was off and the hammer cocked.

Will these be issued with Serpa holsters? Wonder if people will say screw the manual safety on these.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I am watching The Fighting Season on Netflix right now. I saw a soldier with a chest mounted Serpa that had an M9 in it. The safety was off and the hammer cocked.

Will these be issued with Serpa holsters? Wonder if people will say screw the manual safety on these.
    Likely Safariland
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefi...s-variant/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    The recommendation was to improve training on proper grip...
    LoL.. I know many of you are thinking the same thing I am. Now even .mil is limp wristing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Only Safariland as far as I’m aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List