Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Side Saddles

One advantage of the Aridus or Mesa is they protect the shells better than elastic. That's an advantage if someone keeps a gun bagged in the trunk of a car for example.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I haven't found the elastic cards a pain to fill...
    ...I will continue to use velcro cards.
    The only ones that I've used are the cards from Esstac...but they work really well. Took several of them through a Tom Givens class, and had no problem with them. I have a 6 rounder on the receiver of my 870, and a 4 rounder on the butt-stock.

Will I ever need that much ammo...I seriously doubt it...but this is my "I'm butt nekkid and I need a gun" gun.

I use the Esstac shotgun cards on my Benelli M4. I have run them at a basic and advanced shotgun class and I'm very satisfied with them. They also fit into my HSGI taco mags (AR). I just slip the cardboard from the ammo box into the mag pouch and the card slips right out when I pull on it.
    Aim Small Miss Small

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    What are the best elastic cards ?
    In my opinion the Vang Comp card is far and away the best on the market:

https://vangcomp.com/shop/vcs-detach...extra-carrier/

The "elastic" is much thicker and more robust than the standard elastic, the "card" part is tough and durable, and even though I beat on mine pretty hard they reliably hold shells rim down (how I prefer to have them) and won't drop shells even if I mag dump as fast as I can on either my 1301s or my 870s.

Plus they are 20 bucks and you can attach them directly to the receiver with some industrial strength velcro.

It's cheap, durable, and reliable. Hard to beat.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    In my opinion the Vang Comp card is far and away the best on the market:
    Wish they made them in a 4 or 5 shell. That's the only reason I went with Esstac.

Side Saddles

I’ve had good luck with Brown Coat Tactical. I have some of their two-shot Velcro cards and they’re great without being overly cumbersome. I’ve also used SOE, Esstac and the old RCS (maybe they were Ares Gear?) cards. It’s a fairly simple equation, but the quality of the components matters, especially if you use the gear extensively.

I’m going to try out the Vang Comp cards too. I suppose I’m probably a weirdo, but I prefer the stock mounts (which you can do with the shot cards too).

civiliandefender.com
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 04-11-2018 at 12:27 PM.

When I first got my 870, I tried several different options and went with the Mesa. I don’t find the weight objectionable or even noticeable to be honest. I spent an entire afternoon shooting ... with brass up and down and had zero issues. Now granted my 870 is a tactical model and first and foremost its a SHTF tool so I require everything to be rugged and reliable and purposeful first so it may be different for you and what you’re particular use is. When my doc stamp shows up for my other 870 SBS, I’ll be switching everything over to the Aridus piece. Both 870’s, the 1301t, and even maybe the Tac14 will have the same unit...uniformity is another requirement I l try to adhere to. But for now, I really find the Mesa a quality add on. My two sense.

This is a thread drift, but what about sidesaddles for bolt rifles? Who makes those?

I've seen a YouTube video of a kid shooting a Savage Rascal that had a sidesaddle (on the right side, just forward of the ejection port); I want one.

CWM11B
    Triad Tactical makes a two round card for bolt guns. I had one on my issued sniper rifle. Inexpensive and very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Triad Tactical makes a two round card for bolt guns. I had one on my issued sniper rifle. Inexpensive and very good quality.
    Brown coat Tactical makes them too.

civiliandefender.com

User Tag List