Thread: Gadget SCD and GSSF

Gadget SCD and GSSF

I am planning on shooting a GSSF match just southwest of Nashville in May as I am spending more shooting time with Glock pistols, specifically a G26.3. The SCD is technically an aftermarket part but has no impact on the performance part of the competition. I know that I could swap out the SCD for a stock cover or shoot in "Master -- Unlimited", but I rather just shoot the match in the "correct division" with the SCD in place.

Anybody have an experience with GSSF and the SCD?

I asked GSSF that question last year or the year before, and the official answer was that the Gadget would put you in Unlimited. It might be worth asking a specific rangemaster at a specific event though, since the Gadget doesn't do anything to help you in GSSF.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Depends on the range master (or how well you know the SOs)Bring your stock plate with you and have the armorer change it if need be.

I’ve never shot GSSF. Do you really have to use an armorer to switch out a slide cover plate at the event?
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 03-16-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Nothing about the SCD helps in GSSF, but it is a non-exempted aftermarket device that limits your divisions. You don't need an armorer to swap the OEM part back but one will be there. What you might get away with depends on the match, the ROs, how competitive you are, but just do it the right way and have fun.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve never shot GSSF. Do you really have to use an armorer to switch out a slide cover plate at the event?
    Just following the instructions on the SCD packaging

Thanks for the heads up.

There is a GSSF Match in Port Charlotte Saturday, and I’m planning to go shoot my G19.5. Swapped out my SCD and put in my original slide cover plate so I would not run afoul of the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I’ve been told, by a person who would know, that the SCD is no problem in GSSF.
    Thanks Tom. I’m sure you are right.

I’ll be sure and ask. It’s easy enough to swap, for sure.

User Tag List