Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These damn kids and their music

For those who like metal, Motion Device is a band that is mostly known for their covers, but they're also doing their own songs lately.

Their cover of "The Last In Line" and "Stand Up and Shout"

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    For those who like metal, Motion Device is a band that is mostly known for their covers, but they're also doing their own songs lately.

Their cover of "The Last In Line" and "Stand Up and Shout"

Sorry, but they just don't do Dio justice.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Sorry, but they just don't do Dio justice.
    To be fair, how many people can match Ronnie's voice and presence? I give them a solid B overall, especially considering the lead singer is 12 in that video. It's definitely good to see Dio, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, and so on getting recognition from younger generations.
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Us grumpy old farts hate the crap you kids call music these days, but I'll be damned if these particular kids aren't channeling Led Zeppelin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jdy_8A4pWk

This was made last year. Maybe there's hope yet....
    If you think all new music is garbage, you're not looking hard enough. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Reminded me of the Deep Purple "Made in Japan" album. Singer sounds a bit like like "Heaven and Hell" - vintage Ronnie James Dio.
    Never really "got the vibe" from Deep Purple growing up in the '70s. Then I got to see them open for Lynyrd Skynyrd a few years ago. One of the best concerts I've seen and those are many. They did a "medley of covers" that was very diverse, was pretty much the gamut of classic rock and roll and I was blown away by their talent. They were an extremely good open for Skynyrd which is always a treat.

Site Supporter
    To be fair, how many people can match Ronnie's voice and presence? I give them a solid B overall, especially considering the lead singer is 12 in that video. It's definitely good to see Dio, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, and so on getting recognition from younger generations.
    Yeah I like those kids! And the guitarists did a pretty nice job covering the original solos by Vivian Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yeah I like those kids! And the guitarists did a pretty nice job covering the original solos by Vivian Campbell.
    These kids did a good job with Dream Theater. Lots of talent out there with an appreciation of good music.

I had NO idea those kids were that young. They are very talanted

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    I had NO idea those kids were that young. They are very talanted
    The singer is the youngest of the group. The rest are her family and a close friend and I'm pretty sure that none of them were legal to drink at that point. I give them serious props for doing a more than acceptable cover of Dio (not to mention the bass player is the singer's big sister and rocks a 6 string bass) and they are developing well with their own music.

These damn kids and their music

These kids did a good job with Dream Theater. Lots of talent out there with an appreciation of good music.

It’s your fault. You just opened up Pandora’s box by linking this. Now I must share one of my favorite covers of all time. Same girl singing.

https://youtu.be/mYKLvYGqaC0

You don’t have to like this kind of music to appreciate what these kids can do. But it helps.
    Last edited by MGW; 03-17-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List