Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: These damn kids and their music

These damn kids and their music

Us grumpy old farts hate the crap you kids call music these days, but I'll be damned if these particular kids aren't channeling Led Zeppelin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jdy_8A4pWk

This was made last year. Maybe there's hope yet....

I just listened to it and really enjoyed it. Nice find.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I suggest Black Country Communion as another current band you might enjoy. They're a "supergroup" actually, but with a great classic rock sound and good song writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73qFdCZbhPY

Site Supporter
    How did I not know about this? That was great!

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Us grumpy old farts hate the crap you kids call music these days, but I'll be damned if these particular kids aren't channeling Led Zeppelin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jdy_8A4pWk

This was made last year. Maybe there's hope yet....
    Wow. You could have told me that was a previously unreleased Zep track and I wouldn't have thought twice. I second the Black Country Communion.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Greta Van Fleet kicks ass. They're one of the very few bands from the last decade I'll listen to.

There are some great live videos. This acoustic version of Black Smoke Rising is awesome.

This is awesome!

My brother works in the music business, and for years I've been asking him who the next Zeppelin, Aerosmith, etc. is, but he has never had a good answer. Now I have something to tell him!

I'll check out Black Country Communion too.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Site Supporter
    My little sister is a 6th grade math teacher.

Last fall, one of her students came into class wearing a Doors T-shirt, and my sister complemented her shirt. My sister says she lit up like a firework and gushed about her love for classic rock.

During their 10-15 min 'study time' to work some in-class problems, my sister occasionally plays tasteful music on low volume to break up the silence a bit. That day, she let her student select the playlist and the three songs she chose were: (if memory serves)

Led Zepplin - Whole lotta love
    Doors - Riders on the storm
    Cream - Sunshine of your love

It was hugely popular with the class, and now on Fridays and days before a test, she plays two or three good classic rock tracks in the background during study time. Apparently the rivalry is between fans of 60's-70's rock and fans of late 80's-90's alternative rock.

She still deals with some incredible discipline issues and really crappy parents, but it seems that a lot of today's youth have noticed that new music kind of sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I suggest Black Country Communion as another current band you might enjoy. They're a "supergroup" actually, but with a great classic rock sound and good song writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73qFdCZbhPY
    Reminded me of the Deep Purple "Made in Japan" album. Singer sounds a bit like like "Heaven and Hell" - vintage Ronnie James Dio.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Reminded me of the Deep Purple "Made in Japan" album. Singer sounds a bit like like "Heaven and Hell" - vintage Ronnie James Dio.
    That's Glenn Hughes, who was in fact a member of Deep Purple in the early-mid 70s. The other members of BCC are fairly well known too.

User Tag List