Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave+RMR+Scalarworks = whoa

I'm not necessarily against 20 gauges. I've spent alot of time hunting small game with one. They just don't have the versatility of a 12 gauge. Good defensive ammo is not common, not that there isn't any, but it's just not as available.

As for hunting large game or for bear defense, I'd prefer the 12. Same with human self defense. I prefer the 12.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'm not necessarily against 20 gauges. I've spent alot of time hunting small game with one. They just don't have the versatility of a 12 gauge. Good defensive ammo is not common, not that there isn't any, but it's just not as available.

As for hunting large game or for bear defense, I'd prefer the 12. Same with human self defense. I prefer the 12.
    I would not wish to be on the receiving end of #2 or #3 buck out of a 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

What kind of clamp is that on your Mossberg's muzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would not wish to be on the receiving end of #2 or #3 buck out of a 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Neither would I. I wouldn't want to get shot with a .380 either. The availability of good 20 gauge defense loads is lacking. If it wasn't for 12 gauge flight control 00 buck I'd keep it loaded with slugs. I'm not a fan of fighting with standard buck. Very large patterns are not ideal in my experience.

I'm sure federal will, or maybe already dose, make a flight control 20 gauge buck loading. Which would be the go to human load. Still wouldn't be my choice for hunting or bear defense.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    What kind of clamp is that on your Mossberg's muzzle?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I believe he’s referring to this photo:
    Gotcha. That is the Raptor lug. It allows you to cut off the standard Mossberg lug and shorten the barrel. It needs to be used with the raptor grip and a pgo shotgun/other that has never had a buttstock intalled.

The Brenneke Classic Magnum 20 gauge slug has better sectional density than the same in 12 gauge. My wife’s Benelli M2 with Brenneke slugs feels about like an AR 10 in .308, where my 12 gauge M2 14 inch feels more like a .338 or .375 H&H.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Brenneke Classic Magnum 20 gauge slug has better sectional density than the same in 12 gauge. My wife’s Benelli M2 with Brenneke slugs feels about like an AR 10 in .308, where my 12 gauge M2 14 inch feels more like a .338 or .375 H&H.
    In the light shockwave I bet those will thump harder than the deep penatrator federal.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Gotcha. That is the Raptor lug. It allows you to cut off the standard Mossberg lug and shorten the barrel. It needs to be used with the raptor grip and a pgo shotgun/other that has never had a buttstock intalled.
    That looks way badasser than the stock Shockwave.

Just sayin'.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List