Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade for edc under $150

I'd ensure that the knife has enough protection to keep your hand from slipping forward. maybe out of the range, but i'm looking at this for myself:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/RMJ...s-kydex-sheath

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm_shooter View Post
    For that budget, I'd suggest you take a look at TOPS Knives. They are a bargain. 1095 steel.

For the money, there's the Lioness Rockies Edition. It's on sale $100. https://www.topsknives.com/knives/ed...ockies-edition
    This one is my second favorite, the Scandi Trekker $145: https://www.topsknives.com/knives/edc/scandi-trekker
    All around favorite $150: https://www.topsknives.com/skinatq
    All of the above have a sheath that can be rotated to carry blade up, sideways or downwards.
    I really like those.
    #RESIST

The stainless Izula with orange g10 grips in a Dark Star horizontal sheath does well for me as a fixed blade work knife. I also have the Izula II, BK&T 11, BR Woodsman and a Candiru amongst others. I only prefer the Izula over the II as I have it
    in stainless and am in the water a lot from May to October. If someone would make either in H1 I'd be a happy guy.
    Last edited by vaspence; 03-15-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Have you thought about getting a waved folder with a lock that is less likely to be opened unintentionally?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

The Bradford Guardians have been on my radar for some time... Haven't pulled the trigger but have threatened.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The Bradford Guardians have been on my radar for some time... Haven't pulled the trigger but have threatened.
    Same here. They hit all the right buttons for me but i always ebbs up with other things. I'm going to have to change that shortly and try one.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Framelock or liner lock won't do that to you. Neither will the fixed. Maintain your gear, though. If you like Spyderco, they have fixed blades in your budget. For that matter, I know some custom makers who will make you an awesome knife for $150.

I don't think Esee has been mentioned yet. The Izula and Izula II are great knives. I can keep an Izula II with G10 handles in a DSG sheath worn at 11:30 just barely concealed, my overhanging gut helping to hold the shirt off it just enough...so for some the additional handle length may be in issue using that carry method. The Candiru may also be worth considering. While it's smaller, I could see it serving utilitarian tasks that don't require a full size grip to be useful.

I've been tempted to try the new Esee 2.5 that @delkancott mentioned, as well as the Bradford that @orionz06 mentioned, but I have seen reviews from some that they don't like the handle length. I'd love to get my hands on a CPK EDC to try out, as most seem to really like it...but its well out of the price range you mention, and still seem like they're hard to come across.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 03-16-2018 at 04:11 AM.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I have seen reviews from some that they don't like the handle length.
    The slightly shorter handle is what makes it appealing to me. By all accounts it appears to be enough for what my use would be.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Framelock or liner lock won't do that to you. Neither will the fixed. Maintain your gear, though. If you like Spyderco, they have fixed blades in your budget. For that matter, I know some custom makers who will make you an awesome knife for $150.
    I have had liner locks fail on expensive knives. Frame locks are difficult for me to open one-handed because I end up putting pressure on the lock bar. Rocker bar locks work well for me, and while I understand that the OP had an issue with one, I would have to consider it very unlikely. A Benchmade Axis lock or Spyderco ball bearing lock also works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List