Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 - Gen 4 or 5?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the G5 pistols are the best guns Glock has made. With BOLD sights, they are a great value.
    This. /Thread.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the G5 pistols are the best guns Glock has made. With BOLD sights, they are a great value.
    I would agree with that if for no other reason that the engineering refinements inside. But I don't do aftermarket striker spring swaps and so I prefer the triggers of the Gen 4 with an OEM minus connector.

And the significant gap between my precision ability with a Gen 5 G19 or 19X and my newish Gen 4 G19 has me wondering if my long thin fingers anchor on the finger grooves.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Many people buy Gen4's and start asking about what parts combo they should swap to get ABC trigger results, or what parts they need to swap to stop XYZ ejection issues. There is a stickied thread on just this subject alone. You simply don't see that with the Gen5's. People, including some notable PF traditional tinkerers, have bought Gen5's and the only thing they've acquired after the purchase was more Gen5's.

I think less people are tinkering with the Gen 5's because the tinker parts they have are not interchangeable.

Can an older slide release be used in a gen 5? My only gen 5ish experience is with a friend's 19x. I notice the ambi release rubbing the top of my trigger finger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jeffw78; 03-16-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I think less people are tinkering with the Gen 5's because the tinker parts they have are not interchangeable.
    True, but the need is not there like it was in previous generations. And of course, there are those who will tinker for the sake of tinkering, of which, I find no fault. I think most of us like to tinker to an extent (or great extent).

Site Supporter
    I used to always look out for good condition Gen 2s because the finger grooves on 19s landed in the wrong spots for me. I hated losing the capability for mounting a weaponlight though. Additionally, I would always end up changing a connector or striker safety in order to clean up the trigger pull regardless of generation.

With the Gen5s I get everything I wanted in the grip, the light rail, and I have yet to try one that I felt needed trigger work before I felt comfortable with it. My 19x has probably the best out of the box trigger I have ever felt from a Glock. Best of all worlds in my opinion.
    Polite Professional

It looks like you too are using the Grip Force Adapter vs the Glock beavertail backstrap. I tried both the factory beavertail backstraps and prefer the Gen4 Grip Force adapter on top of the medium non-beavertail backstrap. The Grip Force Adapter is wider and does a better job keeping my hand away from he slide, and also yields a straighter overall backstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    As others have advised above, I would agree that the gen 5 is worth the upgrade. I have the 26 & 19 gen 4 but once I got the 19.5 and then the 19x, it was well worth it. As far as the cutout, that was the only issue that I would change but a $10 pearce enhanced baseplate solved the problem completely.

Alright, alright; I'll buy one.

By this time next year I suspect we'll see plenty of people pooching their Gen5s by loading them up with Zev/Ghost/WTF parts (and then asking why they don't work).
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List