Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 - Gen 4 or 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffw78 View Post
    Can an older slide release be used in a gen 5? My only gen 5ish experience is with a friend's 19x. I notice the ambi release rubbing the top of my trigger finger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I recently replied to someone else, probably on another forum, if my response seems redundant.
    I've personally tried a Gen3/4 slide-stop in one of my Gen5 guns. It did work, but didn't feel as tightly sprung as the actual Gen5 ambi slide-stop. I'm unaware of anyone, so far, who's used a Gen3/4 slide-stop in a Gen5 to any extent or has "thoroughly" tested/vetted such a substitution.

Feel free to try this swap and get back to us as to how well it's working for you.

Another option could be cutting off the offensive part of the Gen5 slide-stop; reinstalling it; and testing it after cutting it. I'd like to hear about that, too.

I do think the stock ambi Gen5 slide stop will be more reliable and less prone to breakage with its coil spring (the overall construction and metal thickness seems thicker, too), but that also remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    By this time next year I suspect we'll see plenty of people pooching their Gen5s by loading them up with Zev/Ghost/WTF parts (and then asking why they don't work).
    Maybe on a different forum. I think most on this forum know how to keep a Glock running.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Maybe on a different forum. I think most on this forum know how to keep a Glock running.
    yes, like occasionally six small drops of oil, OEM magazines, and OEM parts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    yes, like occasionally six small drops of oil, OEM magazines, and OEM parts.
    QFT, I am really starting to enjoy the simple life of Glock ownership.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    It looks like you too are using the Grip Force Adapter vs the Glock beavertail backstrap. I tried both the factory beavertail backstraps and prefer the Gen4 Grip Force adapter on top of the medium non-beavertail backstrap. The Grip Force Adapter is wider and does a better job keeping my hand away from he slide, and also yields a straighter overall backstrap.
    I need to try a Grip Force adapter with the medium backstrap. Sounds like a good idea.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    It looks like you too are using the Grip Force Adapter vs the Glock beavertail backstrap. I tried both the factory beavertail backstraps and prefer the Gen4 Grip Force adapter on top of the medium non-beavertail backstrap. The Grip Force Adapter is wider and does a better job keeping my hand away from he slide, and also yields a straighter overall backstrap.
    I orinally went back and forth with the glock blackstrap but the grip force adapter just felt right. Once I had it on one glock, the others didn’t feel quite right, so now they’ve become must have for all my glocks, kinda like the gadget.

I have been pretty damn happy with the gen 5 triggers I have used. Two g19.5s and a g17.5. Really see no reason personally to modify the triggers. I understand if you have to have your Glock trigger a certain way. But as mentioned bone stock bold g26.5/g19.5/g17.5 gtg out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a relatively new owner of a Gen 5 and having owned Gen 2s, 3s, and 4s...go with the Gen 5. Glock got it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I have been pretty damn happy with the gen 5 triggers I have used. Two g19.5s and a g17.5. Really see no reason personally to modify the triggers. I understand if you have to have your Glock trigger a certain way. But as mentioned bone stock bold g26.5/g19.5/g17.5 gtg out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100%. I used to put in the apex trigger kit (mainly because I preferred the flat face), a gen 3 trigger bar (i have gen 4 glocks) along with the minus connector on every glock. With the gen 5 trigger the “mushyness” is no longer there and is much smoother. The smoother trigger face is a small but nice improvement for me so now it’s great out of the box.

I shot the 19.5 at a premiere event on the first day. I liked everything about it except the front cutout, and that was a deal killer for me - it reminded me of my old 23.2 on which I always struggled to find a comfortable grip. I would be willing to reconsider a Gen5 19 with the Pearce filler baseplates, though - I like my 26.5 *a lot.*

User Tag List