Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got LEM? HK P30 Out of Box to Match

Got LEM? HK P30 Out of Box to Match

If you would please. Watch and comment here or there.

Because I ran the trigger like is was a light DA I never felt the decided wall before the break.
    Once I spent more time away from speed shooting I "found" the wall.
    The LEM kinda gives ya both a light DA for speed and a nice break for accuracy. It is incumbent
    upon the user to apply the technique to job in front of the muzzle. (something that took me some time to do)

Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Just watched the vid — thanks for going to the effort to put together such high quality reviews. Your review was consistent with my experience. You really need to try a USP with a hybrid match LEM trigger, as that is king of all LEM triggers!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just watched the vid — thanks for going to the effort to put together such high quality reviews. Your review was consistent with my experience. You really need to try a USP with a hybrid match LEM trigger, as that is king of all LEM triggers!
    As a new guy to HK and LEM for sure...what is this magical LEM Hybrid??? Where does one find this unit? What is it like?

Thanks for the good review.

I was at that match, you ran that gun fantastically it was a pleasure shooting with you. (I was the guy shooting from a lvl 3 holster that brought his kid to shoot)

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    I was at that match, you ran that gun fantastically it was a pleasure shooting with you. (I was the guy shooting from a lvl 3 holster that brought his kid to shoot)
    Yes sir! You were one of the friendly faces on the squad! Love that you have your young man out shooting
    with us!

And your draw of Lvl 3 was enviable!

Thanks. It’s just my shooting that needs work!

Great video thank you! As a new lem User I am loving this trigger. Mine is a p30 lem with the tgs special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been pestering you on your social media about getting the video out! Haha

Great shooting, love your reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    As a new guy to HK and LEM for sure...what is this magical LEM Hybrid??? Where does one find this unit? What is it like?
    There is a short answer, and a longer answer.

The short answer is that the Match hybrid LEM is a trigger available from HK USA for about $125 (or DIY with purchased parts) that combines elements of light LEM with the USP match trigger. You end of with a longer take up version of a USP match SA trigger, and with significantly shorter reset than a P30.

The longer answer is that I have had a love hate relationship with HK LEM hammer guns, starting shortly after the P2000 LEM first landed in the US. I love HK hammer guns for defensive use, but have been continually disappointed that in competition, where tiny increments in performance are magnified, that almost any other trigger system is easier to shoot faster. Five plus years ago, after deciding that it was dumb to carry a revolver in Alaska for bears when I was shooting thousands of rounds through a pistol and only several handfuls annually through a revolver, I went on a quest for a semi-auto that would work in the dual role of self defense from two and four leg threats. That led me through a series of 10mm pistols (Glock, S&W, 1911) all ultimately rejected for reasons of reliability, capacity and weight. I ended up with the USP FS .45, shooting .45 Super ammo. initially with the DA/SA trigger, and then to the match hybrid that I have carried with complete satisfaction for three or four seasons in Alaska. I also had USP 9mm pistols put together with the match hybrid as a sub caliber trainer, and even ran one in Gabe White's class.

Threads on the USP as a field pistol, and various bear threads, document this journey.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List