Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting threat analysis about armed robbers

Interesting threat analysis about armed robbers

I thought this has a high degree of relevance, though it's probably old news for the more "switched on" folks. I found that it ties in well to training I have taken. I also enjoyed reading this guy's analysis.

Introduction:

"While many say it is better to be lucky than good, no one is lucky every time. In this post I am going to attempt to provide some insight into street encounters. Other may have different viewpoints. I am not here to argue. I will say some of the comments I have seen posted in the threads about this sort of matter make me realize that while some ARFCOMMERS are clearly street veterans others are not. This is really for those who are not. " (snip)

Link:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_38/47...t_from_GD.html

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    I thought this has a high degree of relevance, though it's probably old news for the more "switched on" folks. I found that it ties in well to training I have taken. I also enjoyed reading this guy's analysis.

Introduction:

"While many say it is better to be lucky than good, no one is lucky every time. In this post I am going to attempt to provide some insight into street encounters. Other may have different viewpoints. I am not here to argue. I will say some of the comments I have seen posted in the threads about this sort of matter make me realize that while some ARFCOMMERS are clearly street veterans others are not. This is really for those who are not. " (snip)

Link:

Very interesting reading.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Nice gut shot breakdown on awareness. I wonder what the stats are on the 'fake gun' ploy. Whereas I agree that 'attitude and awareness' are the first line of self defense, I wonder what someone like SouthNarc and some of the other LEOs think about that ploy when they don't buy it and your stuck with your hand down your pants.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

what is the "GD" they are referring to?

BaiHu, sometimes a bluff works... And sometimes it doesn't. If not, you are no worse off than before.

Phil, suspect it's "General Discussion". I'm not a member of that web site.

I've used the "bluff" three times. It broke off pursuit each time. Once it WAS a bluff. The other two times, it wasn't.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-05-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post

Introduction:

Link:

Thanks for posting, it's very interesting.

Can someone explain what he is trying to say in the last 2 sentences of this?

In another case I was at a Christmas party and walked a girl to her car about 3 am. As we said our good-byes two guys were walking across the parking lot. One went behind a dumpster. I though he was peeing. He came out from behind the dumpster with a bottle.

As they got closer I stepped clear of that girl and unzipped my jacket at those two guys. When I did the guy threw down the bottle and they walked by cussing at me. If someone challenges you after you indicate you are armed say "I don't have a gun". Then they will know you do.

Joe Mamma

The unzipping signaled he was getting ready to clear the garment for a draw. And the language "I don't have a gun" - I take it that this would be a commonly recognized "street" response when one DOES have a gun. A crude ploy similiar to saying "come and get some".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I ain't him, but I'll give you my take:

If someone challenges you after you indicate you are armed say "I don't have a gun". Then they will know you do.
    Reverse bluff. Remember, these guys are edgy and figure anything you say will be a lie - cause that's what they do....

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    If you've been through instruction with SouthNarc or Tom Givens you've heard most of what was posted...but unfortunately there aren't many who have.

What's surprising is that so far there hasn't been anyone disagreeing with everything the man said based on their extensive experience of having gone to a 7-11 at 2 AM that one time. Yet.

It'll happen. Eventually. And I'll die a little inside and wonder why we don't have the ability to punch someone in the face over TCP/IP yet.

User Tag List