Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This passion of the gun stuff... you've got to help me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Add to this my recently acquired 50th anniversary Blackhawk
    Love those flat tops. I bought my .44 magnum the year they were out and have been kicking myself for not getting a 50th Anniversary .357 Blackhawk.
    Last edited by Hambo; 03-14-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It gets worse. In the time between typing up the OP, and getting back home, I somehow acquired a beater .22mag single-six for cheap. Comes off hold on the 31st.

I won't try to help as I'd only be an enabler.

I've been working the grown up guns pretty hard lately. Yesterday, when I pulled my training gun out of the safe my Colt SAA was calling to me. My local range has a sin-inch nickeled Python in cherry condition and for a reasonable price in todays Python world. I've been trying to get the money together, all the while assuming it would sell. For some reason it hasn't. It's torture.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    LGS has a .45 Colt/.45ACP super Blackhawk calling my name.

I don't need it. I have a single six convertible for when I want to feed my single action revolver itch. But it is a pretty thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    LGS has a .45 Colt/.45ACP super Blackhawk calling my name.

I don't need it. I have a single six convertible for when I want to feed my single action revolver itch. But it is a pretty thing.
    I kinda mis my convertible Blackhawk. God it was accurate. The readjusting of my grip each shot and the reach for that hammer got in my head. It was my first SA wheelgun and I concluded I'd try a Bisley someday to see how that went. I prolly should have learned to leave my pinkie below the grip but I didn't realize that was a thing at the time.

Attachment 24453
    Last edited by JHC; 03-15-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Funny, for the first time in at least two years, I pulled my .357 Vaquero out of the safe yesterday. First thought was, "man, I need to shoot this soon."

And, "The Passion of the Gun" thread is the single best non-technical PF thread, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It's in original condition, so it still makes that addictive clack-clack-clack sound; none of this transfer bar downgrade stuff.
    Fixed it for ya. The single six flatgate is the first handgun I ever shot and the first Dad let me carry in a holster. Dad passed it down to my son, but unfortunately it was stolen. It had a four digit serial number that started with 2.

I've picked up a couple three for myself and my son. The flatgate is the most elegant of the Ruger single actions and my favorite 22 pistol.

Take heart. You don't have a problem. You have the solution.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I kinda mis my convertible Blackhawk.
    My first gun was a convertible Blackhawk in .357/9mm; 6" barrel. I still have it. it has the 1976 rollmark on it. I take out out to shoot every couple of years.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Fixed it for ya. The single six flatgate is the first handgun I ever shot and the first Dad let me carry in a holster. Dad passed it down to my son, but unfortunately it was stolen. It had a four digit serial number that started with 2.
    Brother, that makes my heart hurt. Glad to hear you responded by multiplying your stash. I completely agree with your assesment of the old flatgate’s elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Take heart. You don't have a problem. You have the solution.
    We can hang out.

I mean, we could’ve before, but now I’ll be sure to bring a brick of CCI along.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My first gun was a convertible Blackhawk in .357/9mm; 6" barrel. I still have it. it has the 1976 rollmark on it. I take out out to shoot every couple of years.
    If I had a Blackhawk in 9mm, I’d shoot it every couple of days.

Now I need a Blackhawk in 9mm. Or, even better, one of Dave Clements’ custom .38/9mm conversions on a single-six frame... #grail

I saw a very nice custom built single six frame 357 made by a guy that builds large caliber guns for a living. I think it was more a one-off or favor for someone. It would cost about what his large caliber guns do I believe, there being as much work in building a 5 shot cylinder and all. I dont think he could do a 6 shot with the rimmed 357 case, or perhaps was concerned about the chamber wall thickness with the 357.
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.

User Tag List