Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This passion of the gun stuff... you've got to help me...

The Schofields are interesting, but dont have the feel and that certain panache of a Colt or even Ruger single action.

Its interesting that Hikock was believed to have owned an S&W 44 American, but went back to percussion Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    The Schofields are interesting, but dont have the feel and that certain panache of a Colt or even Ruger single action.

Its interesting that Hikock was believed to have owned an S&W 44 American, but went back to percussion Colts.
    According to the Spicer Hearings, Wyatt Earp used a Smith Model 3 in .44 American at the OK Corral shootout. That gives it plenty of panache in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    One handed shooting sucks. It’s fun though. For kicks, I ran dot torture this morning with the single six.
    For some real pointless single action fun: two revolvers alternating shots right/left handed. A friend and I tried it, and while were aren't Bill Hickok fast or accurate, it was a hoot.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Me and the kids have been shooting a lot of rimfires lately. I bought them an M&P 15-22. They're young and had trouble with irons so I put a Primary Arms micro dot on it and they've been ringing steel since.

The passion is often less about the gun, and more about the circumstances of the use. I personally love to sit back and lob large projectiles at long distance targets with conventional type handguns.

A nice shady spot under a tree on the upper end of a central Idaho reservoir in the late summer. Next to me is a coffee can full of .44 mag ammo. It should be noted that a tall Folgers plastic container will hold 550 240 grain .44 Magnum cartridges.

Targets lined up out to (I cannot exactly recall) 450-500 ish yards.

A good large bore handgun, with properly loaded ammo(very critical) is capable of accuracy that most would not really believe at extended distances.

Here is a handgun target board at the cabin.

It is 780 yards from the cabin.

Sometimes it is simply about the fun that revolves* around your passion!

Last edited by Lost River; 03-20-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The passion is often less about the gun, and more about the circumstances of the use. I personally love to sit back and lob large projectiles at long distance targets with conventional type handguns...

Agree.

Shooting anything at distance is fun. The majority of rounds Ive shot through my G19 has been at distance, 200-300 yards, and is probably rounds I wouldnt have been interested in shooting through the gun otherwise. Same for ARs. Mostly 300-600 and more yards. Neither arouse much interest in shooting them in general, other than in the open.

User Tag List