Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This passion of the gun stuff... you've got to help me...

This passion of the gun stuff... you've got to help me...

Folks, I don't know what it is, but I just can't stop taking my single-action wheelies to the range. I'm still paying my dues with a j-frame on the side, because I'm going to run one in ECQC in a few months as an experiment, but I've totally fallen for the lure of the old thumb busters otherwise.

Since I'm on break for a few days, I spent the better part of an indie film's run time putting 150 rounds of .22LR (that's 25 cylinders... it's like a new age mini-meditation retreat for rednecks) through the old flatgate single-six that I learned to shoot on as a little kid. First gun I ever pulled a trigger on (with my dad's help), and it's just as fun to shoot today as it was 40+ years ago. It's in original condition, so it still makes that addictive clack-clack-clack sound; none of this transfer bar upgrade stuff. It's like a cross between a COSC Swiss watch and John Henry Holiday's fidget spinner.

Add to this my recently acquired 50th anniversary Blackhawk--which is like a cross between Doc "the first tactical dentist" Holiday's fidget spinner and a Judas Priest festival set when I run 145gr Silvertip .357 magnums in it; just totally loud and in-your-face, quarter-sized group end lane hot dogging--and I can't put the things down.

I open the safe door, and there's the top shelf with a row of plastic, and various orange-topped magpuls sized for 9mm, and I'm like "Nah..." and out comes the old '56 Ruger from the next shelf down. I've been seriously skipping "student of the pistol" class lately; I think I need help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I think you'd better change your moniker to "Sid the Kid"!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Nothing at all wrong with taking a fun gun to the range. [emoji16] I think that sometimes we, as performance driven shooters, train and practice out of necessity. This can lead to burn out and stagnation. My fun gun is a suppressed M&P 15-22.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    My fun gun is a suppressed M&P 15-22.
    Clearly, you get it. That thing is probably about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on without getting arrested or going bankrupt.

Need help with what, loading more ammo?

Id sooner do without a self loader than a single action revolver.

With my current health situation, I feel much more confident about being able to shoot a revolver, including an SA revolver much better than a self loader, given the near total lack of shooting Ive been able to do the past few years. Self loaders have always taken much more effort for me to shoot less well than I could revolvers. YMMV of course.

Not sure I can be of any help...Name:  BD7BD691-B27B-43B8-BCF2-A7CF7724D955.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  63.9 KBName:  0F6F2071-7E23-47E1-8366-AAB043C7AB42.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  62.4 KB

I miss my old Blackhawk in .45 Colt. I need a Single 10 and a 4 5/8ths Super Blackhawk. And a convertible Vaquero.

For your penance, how about working on your draw and grip some...?

Last edited by blues; 03-14-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Not gonna lie; I'm kinda jelly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I supposed bring up the killed on da streetz!! thing now?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List