Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M&P trigger return spring

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Alright, I just ordered an OEM trigger return spring, and striker assembly (FP, spring, etc.)

Are there any other parts/springs that could cause a light primer strike?
    Light primer strikes? Not to my knowledge. Last week I had 1 round not fire on an off-duty qualification course for my M&P 9. I retrieved the round and attempted to refire it...and again it didn't fire. The other 59 rounds fired just fine so I wrote it off as a bad primer. Then someone with a Sig 226 fired it...???

I have yet to have any issues with the sear springs or extractor spring/extractor on any of my 3 M&P's and I have fired various rounds through them all. I have had issues with magazine springs on my M&P 45 which is a issued duty weapon. That was quickly resolved by S&W.

Unless you are having dead trigger issues I wouldn't worry with the sear spring.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Light primer strikes? Not to my knowledge. Last week I had 1 round not fire on an off-duty qualification course for my M&P 9. I retrieved the round and attempted to refire it...and again it didn't fire. The other 59 rounds fired just fine so I wrote it off as a bad primer. Then someone with a Sig 226 fired it...???

I have yet to have any issues with the sear springs or extractor spring/extractor on any of my 3 M&P's and I have fired various rounds through them all. I have had issues with magazine springs on my M&P 45 which is a issued duty weapon. That was quickly resolved by S&W.

Unless you are having dead trigger issues I wouldn't worry with the sear spring.
    Trigger is fine, I have just had multiple "needs to be struck again" rounds, and the primer strikes look weak on them to my eyes, upon inspection, as well. They always go "bang" the second time I hit 'em. That is what drive my quest, here. 1 in every 200 rounds or so isn't okay with me.

M&P trigger return spring

Might as well ask this question here:

Past weekend I had one FTF on a 100 round box of WWB 9mm WalMart ammo out of my DCAEK-equipped M&P 9 (Oct 13 build, 2,000+ rounds).

I slipped out the striker assembly (never removed it) during cleaning and found a startling amount of gunk in the channel and striker.

1) Is there a recommended round count for removing and cleaning the striker?
    2) They go back in dry, no lube, right?

Thanks in advance.

Rich in Tampa

Gunk? I assume someone put oil in the striker channel? If so, it shouldn't be there. Secondly, WWB has a history of having extraction issues with M&P 9's. Check out Apex Tacticals web page and look at getting the FRE (Failure Resistant Extractor).

At 2000 rounds you shouldn't be having striker issues. I would simply ensure the striker channel is clean of oil and replace the striker.

Site Supporter
    If you have light strike issues, and it's not the striker and the channel is clean, check for interference between the striker and striker safety plunger.
    If it's an hitting the safety plunger along the way, because it's out of spec or because it's not moving freely, it will slow the striker.

I would like to follow up that I took a Frank Proctor Performance Pistol class a couple days ago. I fired roughly 1100 rounds with no failures to fire. As far as anyone there could tell by looking at the parts, they were all factory regarding sear, etc. and I know the trigger return spring and striker assy. were, as I replaced them myself. My pistol still made people with full APEX setups mad as it had a much better trigger pull. It's my first and only M&P fullsize, so I just thought it was normal.

User Tag List